Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sight problem

Old 12-23-2009, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default Sight problem

Just started sighting in my new z7,I have it set up with the rip cord from my old bow and a new HHA OL-5019 sight! My problem is i'm so far right that when I move my sight to get on target im no longer able to line up my peep with the scope ring, due to it being partly blocked by the riser,I always lined up the scope ring with my peep and it is affecting accuracy! anyone ever have this problem and know of anything I can due to correct it? My arrow flight seems very good so I'm not sure I should mess with the rest! any ideas?
Old 12-23-2009, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

I battled the same problem with a friend's Drenalin for several wks. this past summer. I was helping him set it up and after adjusting for optimal arrow flight we noticed the same problem. He also shoots an HHA optimizer and uses the outer ring to line things up with his peep and just like you part of his sight ring is covered by the riser. I'm afraid you're going to have to live with it. I agree that adjusting your rest away from centershot to compensate is definitely not the way to go. I think the problem is the 2" diameter of the HHA sight ring and the only way to overcome it is to change to a smaller diameter sight ring.

Dan

Last edited by mfd1027; 12-23-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:22 AM
Spike

That sight should only have a 1 5/8" sight ring? It sounds like you have something out of spec. Centershot should be very close to 11/16". Check for "Idler Lean" at full draw. It should be straight at full draw. Maybe you're torqueing the bow? If idler is straight at full draw then draw back your bow with an arrow nocked and your eyes closed, once you're anchored in look at how your string is tracking at your idler wheel? If you have no idler lean and your string isn't tracking straight you are torqueing the bow which could cause your problem. Even a warped limb could cause that, but I seriously don't think that's your problem. I would say it's (1) centershot, (2) idler lean, (3) torqueing the bow. Merry Christmas

Last edited by Average Joe; 12-25-2009 at 04:25 AM.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

AV.Joe- Now you've got me to thinking if he has the XL model with the 2" scope ring or the standard with the 1 5/8" scope ring. I do know that with the 2" scope ring he will have the problem he described.

Dan
Old 12-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't just assume that the centershot is correct, do a walk-back tune and see if it angles away as you back up..... look like this " \ " then the rest needs to move further away from the riser.... Can you group BH's w/ FP's at 40yds??? If not, the issue is more to do with tuning than the "sight" not made right for the bow. If the walkback looks like this " l ", and FP's hit right w/ BH's out to 40yds or so, then it's something that you'll have to live with.