Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt Havoc, good purchase?

Old 06-05-2003, 10:17 PM

Default Hoyt Havoc, good purchase?

I have looked at alot of bows lately and have narrowed it to the Hoyt Havoc or the Razortec. The Havoc is a 2001 model and is available in single cam or command cam. I like the feel as well as the Razortec. The Havoc is selling for alittle over $400 which is a nice price compared to the Razortec. The question: is the Havoc getting to be an outdated bow? I am upgrading and don' t want to do like I did with my computer. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hoyt Havoc, good purchase?

I do not know if I would use the term " outdated" for the Havoc. There are still many, many bows out there from various companies that utilize a traditional single cam on a 33-34 inch axle to axle length bow. Plus, both the command cam and the versacam have some advances over most of the other traditional pwc style single cams on the market in terms of their adjustability in draw length and/or percentage of letoff.

Plus, if that particular Havoc is equipped with the XT2000 limbs then I definitely would not worry about having outdated equipment as they are still in use today...all be it a slightly shortened version of them.

On the other hand, yes, Hoyt has moved to the Cam and a half design and no longer produces the Versa or Command cams for use by the regular consumer. Is it a " step up" from previous years' designs? Well, I guess that depends on who you talk to.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:10 AM
CG

Default RE: Hoyt Havoc, good purchase?

I had a Havoc, got rid of it, and now I miss the he!! out of it!!! Mine had the Versa cam and it was smooth for a 1 cam......I wouldn' t get the Razortec just because of the Tec riser....YUCK!