Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which Stabilizer for my LX?

Old 06-05-2003, 07:10 PM

Default Which Stabilizer for my LX?

I was wonderin' what stabilized would compliment my new LX the most. My bow is 70 pound pull with 27.5" ([:' (]) Draw. I was considering the 7" B2 Doinker. Any imput on this is appreciated. Maybe there is a science to it that you guys have down.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:19 AM

Default RE: Which Stabilizer for my LX?

I have found that the GKF Tranquilizer works really well with most Mathews bows. Also Vibracheck and Queit Tunes work well with Mathews also. My choice is the Tranquilizer and it does a great job of shock reduction out of my Q2XL after the Tranquilizer I think the Quiet Tune system worked very good when I tested it BUT you need to use the system they recomend for your bow to get best results & honestly it gets very expensive (60-80 dollars depending on the Mathews model you have!). The Tranquilizer does a better job and costs a lot less. Just remember to try several models to see what works best for you.

Old 06-08-2003, 03:56 PM

Thanks Orions....nobody answered in a while so I just got a 7" Doinker for now....been dieing to shoot. I will try that AND the GKF Tranquilizerto try for comparison ASAP.
Old 06-08-2003, 05:47 PM
tm
Fork Horn

I use the simms enhancer 2000 for hunting and their modular stabilizer for my 3D LX.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:26 AM

I have a Enhancer 2000 on mine , also .
Old 06-09-2003, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

I use the Trophy Ridge Exchanger.....awesome
Old 06-09-2003, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Being in the positon of talking to and helping hardcore archers across the USA, I am getting some very positive feedback from people using the 8 inch Stealth Hunter stabilizer on the new Mathews LX!

I`v sold a dozen or so 8 inch Stealth Hunter to LX shooters and they all have given me good feed back on how well the 8 inch balances out the LX!

I did have one guy that wanted to return his 8 inch Stealth for a 6 inch model,as he had a heavier sight with a rather long sight bar and said it was a " Tick front heavy" .
I recommened that he just remove the mounting stud from his Stealth and place it in the opposite end of the stabilizer, this put the mass weight close to the bow.....because the Stealth stabilizers are weighted 60/40 and come with the stud in the light end with the mass weight out front.
He reported back that this " tuning option worked very well for his setup" and would stick with the 8 inch Stealth!
Besides absorbing shock and quieting the bow,the Stealth offers some adjustability in the balance of your setup without actually adding or removing any weight!
Thats the feedback I have gotten as of now!
Jerry www.stealtharchery.com
Old 06-11-2003, 05:14 PM

I must say, I know of 2 people with the Trophy Ridge xchanger on their bows! They love it and praise it! I' ll be putting one on my Legacy in a couple weeks when I purchase my bow!