Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep sight problems

Old 06-04-2003, 08:00 PM

Default Peep sight problems

I just got my bow setup and the peep sight string gets in the way when I am at full draw. I can hardly see my target. Is there a way to adjust the peep without putting it back on a bow press? Thanks.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep sight problems

Are you saying that the alignment string/or rubber tube is in your line of sight?
If so, just tie it higher up the bass cable.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:57 PM

Do you have the peep that divides the string into three bundles or strands? If so, that is a common problem with that style of peep.

If you are using a Fletcher Tru-peep or something similar that divides the string into two bundles, one on each side of the peep, you may just need to rotate it slightly. To do this does not require putting the bow in a press, an E-Z String
separator will do the job.

If you shoot with a loop try rotating the loop slightly to help align the peep.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:14 AM

Sorry for not being more specific. I am shooting w/ a 3 sided string peep, no tube, also with a string loop. When I pull it back one of the (sets) of strings is in the way, I can barley see my target.

Buckbuster4ou
If this is common with this type of peep, what other options are out there for me to try. I really don' t want to go with a tube style peep. If I do stay with this one can It be twisted or will it always be this way??

Thanks again.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get a winners choice string and a true peep problem solved .
Old 06-05-2003, 07:21 AM

You can slightly rotate your string loop on you bow string to help rotate your peep for better alignment. This can be done with a 3 sided or 2 sided peep.

Or, you can change to a two sided Tru-peep. They are tubeless and easy to install without a press. Sometimes it does take two or three times of taking it out and rotating the peep a little more on the string to get it to align at full draw.

They do make bow strings that twist very little during the draw cycle, which makes aligning a peep alot easier.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:57 AM

Thanks for everyones help and replies. I will first try to twist my string loop and hopefully it will align my peep better. If not I will have to take it back to the shop. The shop has some really inconvenient hours. That is the only reason I am trying to avoid the shop. Thanks again.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:37 AM

Keep in mind, if that' s a new string and not WC, you will be chasing that peep around until the string is done stretching. I have a zebra string on my Q2 and I' ve been chasing it for 6 months. As soon as the pig action slows, I' m getting my WC string on and hopefully my peep chasing days are over. Good luck.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe take a look at the NO-PEEP.It will still be visible in low light cond--early a.m. and later p.m.--give it a look!jmo.