Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tried everything I THINK !!

Old 12-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Spike

Default Tried everything I THINK !!

Hello, Im a new member hear but have read over this forum a lot over the years so hello to all =)

I just got my new 09 Diamond Marquis (sold the General).

anyway When I shoot it the arrow always goes to the left of my target by about 6 to 7 inch. Moved the sight over as fare left as it will go (not in alignment with string anymore) and it has only moved the arrow about 2 inch closer to the target.

My question is... Should I move the arrow rest OFF center shot and see if it makes it better?

Or could it be arrow spine that is the problem?

The arrows I am using are gold tip expedition hunter 28" 55/75.

My bow is set at about 65LBS at 29"draw

This is driving me crazy grrrrrrrr
Old 12-03-2009, 01:04 AM
Typical Buck

I don't think spine would be an issue. What arrow rest and fletchings are you using?

Maybe check for vane contact on the rest and cables.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:34 AM
Spike

I am using Blazer vanes & a Hostage PRO rest.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:42 AM
Typical Buck

Make sure the fletchings are indexed so that they are not contacting the brushes when the pass by. Also make sure you not contacting the cables.

Have you shot at different distances? It hit further left the further you go back?

Try moving the rest slightly. If it improves try a little more.

Is the grip on the Marquis much different than the one on your old General? Could you be torquing the grip on release?

Just tossing some ideas out. The tuners should come in soon to cure your problem

good luck man!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.eastonarchery.com/pdf/tuning_guide.pdf

check here, lots of good info and if your like the rest of most, you'll end up doing most of your own tuning

welcome to the forums
Old 12-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Spike

Thanks heeps guys. Yes the grip is a lot diffrent to the general. the further i go back dosent seem to change much, its horrible at 10 yards, pretty bad at 20 and slighty better at 30 yards but still way off over all. I will spend tomorrow tuneing it up from scratch again and let yous know how it turns out.. thanks for the tips too =)