Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

? For All Mathews LX Shooters

Old 06-03-2003, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default ? For All Mathews LX Shooters

I am just wondering how all you lucky shooters who have your new LX like it? I am still waiting.[:-] Is it performing as well as you hoped as far as quiteness, speed, and forgiveness? Tell me all about it so I can be even more down in the dumps while waiting for mine. Thanks, and good shooting to all. Bhunter32.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:54 PM

Default RE: ? For All Mathews LX Shooters

Man , Why do they say yours is taking so long ?
Mine is awesome and I continually like it better all the time. It is really my favorite bow to date.
My only two complaints are : Mine and the others I have looked at are pulling more than advertised poundage. Mine pulls 74# and others I have looked at pull 72-76 # . Now when you walk in and think your pulling 70# and it' s really 76# , the LX would seem to have a harsh draw cycle. I currently have mine on 66# an it is super smooth to draw and shoot . I personally see no need for string silencers or limbsavers on this bow . But I could see how it may make it quieter , although it' s hard to imagine how .
Also I' m still not fully comfortable with Mathews' grips. I ordered a Leosch grip that should be here in 2 weeks and hopefully that will fix that!
Good Luck......I hope yours comes in soon . Weird thing is my dealer has had plenty ranging from 28-30" draw lengths !
Old 06-04-2003, 09:17 PM
tm
Fork Horn

So far mine has been all I figured it' d be and then some. Traded my Legacy in for another one as a back up.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:26 AM

Just got mine. Tried a bunch of bows and really don' t care what the name is. I shot the new Bowtechs (shot a Pro38 last year), the ARs, Hoyts and ended with the LX. Like CBM, the smooth draw suprised me. All the the other comparable bows felt like they started stacking instantly, not my style. The LX comes on gradually, smooth all the way through and rolls over nice. I got a 70# LX but would have got a 60# in any of the others. A little kick but absolutely quiet. Very happy so far.

Liberty is over by Richmond isn' t it? There are several LXs at the dealers in Dayton and Springfield. Not too far for you.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:53 PM
Fork Horn

Mulf, your right, Liberty is about 25 miles from Richmond. Guess what, I got the call today and it is finally here Can' t wait to get it home and start setting it up. Have any of you found the shorter brace height to be a problem, because my q2xl is 7 1/2 inches, and this will be the shortest brace that I have shot.? Thanks for the feedback, and good shooting. Bhunter32.
Old 06-06-2003, 06:35 AM

I' ll wait for your response after shooting it . I think you' ll be surprised at how well you shoot with the shorter BH !!
Old 06-06-2003, 06:49 AM

I' ve been shooting a Pro38 at around 7.25 and have an FX at 7.5. I haven' t noticed the shorter bh at all. I' m shooting at 28" , maybe someone with a longer draw would notice it. I had a Darton Mav a few years ago with a 6 1/4 bh and never had a problem. I think it just depends on the bow and the shooters style.

Old 06-09-2003, 05:35 AM

BHunter32 , Did you get it ? If so what do you think of it ?
Old 06-10-2003, 06:36 AM

CBM, Guess he can' t put it down and come talk to us.
Old 06-15-2003, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, sorry it has taken me awhile to respond. Yes, I did get my new bow, and I have just now gotten it set-up. I love the way this bow draws and it feels great in the hand. If it ever stops raining long enough I will try it out. I have only ran into one problem so far. I am using the mathews 0 overdraw rest, and the roller guard bar is so close to the top of the rest that if I need to adjust the center shot I have to take the whole rest off to do it. I guess that I will have to cut an allen wrench short enough to fit in between. Any other suggestions. I am a happy camper now that the wait is over Thanks to all my fellow shooters. Bhunter32.

Quick Reply: ? For All Mathews LX Shooters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.