Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

A/C/C arrows??

Old 06-02-2003, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default A/C/C arrows??

I' m wanting to purchase a good set of arrows but can' t decide if I want the A/C/C' s or the Beman ICS camo hunter plus. Are the A/C/C' s as fast the bemans? Are the A/C/C' s more durable? What is the outside diameters of the A/C/C 3-49 shafts and the beman 400' s? Sorry for all the questions but bow season is only 5 months aways and I can' t make up my mind!!!!
Old 06-02-2003, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: A/C/C arrows??

By the way. I' m shooting a martin panther 33" ata, 29" draw, 70# and wanting to try some of the 75 grain jak hammers. Five of my hunting buddies have been using them for the last couple of years and they swear by them. They do leave a massive hole! Do you think they will fly well with either shaft? All my buddies are using aluminum.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:57 PM

First off I think ACC' s are the best arrows on the market for hunting BUT that being said they are also the most expensive hunting arrows on the market. I have used both arrows & the Bemans shot just fine for me. Actually last year I used them for hunting & had great luck with them!

Either way you can' t go wrong!

Old 06-02-2003, 06:42 PM

save the acc for target to good for hunting in my opinun. use beemans for hunting quite shaft and more accurate than you need.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:04 PM

ACC are great arrows but they are expensive. They break and bent. They do, but I like them so much that I still shoot them and they are my #1 choice. Second is CX3D Select.
vodek
Old 06-03-2003, 06:47 AM

I like them a lot , but like everyone else.........their too expensive. I can afford them easily, but there' s no need to spend that kind of money when there are plenty of other arrows that work just as well for hunting(plus they get broken one way or another). After years of shooting A/C/C' s I switched to PSE CF Dominators last season and had great luck with them, and their only $ 59.99 a dozen at my local shop!! The surprising thing for me was after worrying about straightness tolerances for so many years I shot some GT Hunters and these PSE' s (both .006 rated) and they shoot excellently. I get 3-4" groups at 60 yrds with the PSE' s . Anyway ......lower end arrows may be worth looking in to for hunting IMO !! Good Luck !!
Old 06-03-2003, 05:01 PM

I shot a/c/cs for a little while too.. 3-28' s.. heres some things to look at.. In your area they may not sell inserts and etc. for them.. that was my problem.. had trouble finding someone that had parts to fit.. they are nice arrows.. I use Gold tip 3555 xt' s now.. and they are good too.. besides Id wince everytime I lost one b/c that was $12 an arrow.. the 3-28 are such a small diamter had a hard time finding a quiver to fit too.. but you wont have that problem I dont think
Old 06-04-2003, 06:56 AM

save the acc for target to good for hunting in my opinun. use beemans for hunting quite shaft and more accurate than you need
LOL Why use them at all then? I would rather waste an A/C/C on a Deer/Moose than foam rubber that I can' t chew on!
I would rather see that 15.00 Arrow go through a Beautiful piece of Venison
AL
Old 06-04-2003, 09:14 PM
tm
Fork Horn

I really like the ACCs, but I' d suggest trying some before you buy. The 3-49s might be a little weak for your poundage and sometimes the charts aren' t right. I shoot 28" arrows with 100 grain heads at 65-70 pounds & the 3-60s work better for me. The larger size is a bit heavier but also more durable.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:33 AM

ACC' s are great arrows. If you' re going to use them for hunting, get the 3-60' s. They use regular sized components and are much easier to find parts for. They work great, but they can bend when going through a deer.

I personally use the Gold Tip 3D Pros. They are straighter, tougher and cost less, but you can' t go wrong with either one.