Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletching contact with buss cable

Old 06-01-2003, 08:03 PM

Default Fletching contact with buss cable

I have a new Reflex Gamegetter that I bought new from e-bay. I set the bow up myself and I' m pretty sure I have the rest centered with the string but I' m getting fletching contact with my buss cable. The bow shoots really good but I was getting an occasional flyer. I didn' t think too much about it, I thought it was just me. That' s when I noticed a fuss mark on the buss cable. What can I do to fix the problem?
Old 06-02-2003, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fletching contact with buss cable

Rotate your nock a little if your rest will allow it. Try a different cable slide that will pull the cables futher away from the center shot. Rotate the cable guard if it' s adjustable. And last but not least try a lower profile fletching.

Anybody else got something for him?
Old 06-02-2003, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

You may want to try a timberline teflon slide. I moved to one recently, it seems to be the best to keep the string and cable as close to the slide as possible.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:33 AM

When I first installed my NAP2000 dropaway, I noticed I was getting fletching contact. I measured the distance from the cable to the cable rod, then did the same with the old cable slide(the 2000 uses it' s own slide). It had moved a good deal, and the cable was much farther from the rod, causing the contact. I just took the rod out, put it in a vice, and bent it so it held the cable back in the position where the original slide kept it. Works fine.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

All good suggestions so far but I would also mention switching to a different rest. Some rests, like the bodoodle timberdoodle and CAP Whisker biscuit allow you to rotate your arrow so that the odd colored fletching sits farthest away from your cables thus allowing the most clearance. It is probably the most expensive alternative but one worth pursuing if the others prove not to provide sufficient clearance.