Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What rest would u recommend for carbons?

Old 06-01-2003, 12:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default What rest would u recommend for carbons?

Just wondering what rest you carbon shooters are having good luck with. I' m shooting a Martin Panter 29" draw @ 70#' s and plan on trying carbons this year. Just curious cause I' ve heard they' re harder to tune as far as fletching clearance goes.
Old 06-01-2003, 03:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What rest would u recommend for carbons?

With a prong rest you have to be a bit more careful due to the smaller shaft diameter. It is much easier to have fletching contact problems with carbons.
Other than just being careful when setting up, just about any rest you use for your aluminums will work well for carbons.
Old 06-01-2003, 12:46 PM

If you were to get a whisker biscuit arrowrest for aluminium arrows you could shoot both aluminium or ICS carbon arrows through the same biscuit. I shoot the ICS carbon arrows myself and all I' ve ever used is the aluminium size biscuit.
Old 06-01-2003, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are looking for a full containment hunting rest I would Recommend the Golden Key Shootout.
but If you are looking for an affordable fallaway I would suggest taking a look at the new TKO by GKF
Go to http://www.goldenkeyarchery.com/
Old 06-01-2003, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzy , trophy taker , or wisker bisquet
Old 06-01-2003, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been having awesome results with the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone. I am shooting Gold Tip 3D Pros with one set-up (VFT Extreme 28" @ 68#) and CX 3D Select 200s @ 64# with another set-up. A great rest that shoots better than any I' ve tried. This one deserves a serious look.[8D]
Old 06-02-2003, 06:12 PM

fall aways are the hot ticket for carbon shooter now days. look at the Hunter Elite or Mirage both by Golden Key. like anything else look at several models & get the one you like the best.

Old 06-02-2003, 10:08 PM

I highly recommend the Muzzy rest
Old 06-02-2003, 11:45 PM

Trophy Taker !!
Old 06-03-2003, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure what you intend to use the bow for. If it is a hunting only bow, then I would say you should look at the Whisker Biscuit. Less than a year ago, I would not have ever suggested one, thinking they would cost accuracy and fletching. I have since learned that it makes a big difference when you trim the back flat as they show on their web site. I am shooting as accurately with the Biscuit rests as with any other rests that I have used.

That said, I have also used the Trophy Taker, Muzzy Zero Effect, GKF Starhunter, and the NAP Plungerest Low Profile. They are all great rests. The drop aways do take fletch clearance out of the equation. I' m just not convinced that they are necessary, especially the way I am shooting with the Biscuit right now.

I forgot to say that I agree with a previous post. Get the Aluminum Biscuit if you are shooting ICS size carbons.

JMHO

Quick Reply: What rest would u recommend for carbons?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.