Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shakey Trophy Taker tuning problems

Old 06-10-2003, 08:49 AM

Default RE: Shakey Trophy Taker tuning problems

Dave,

Well.....if the lower one fell off and you cut the top one off....that leaves you with Zero. It will buzz with nothing on the string..

When you add new silencers, try adding just the bottom one first and see if it is quite. I can usually gain a few fps by leaving the top one off, and I cannot notice ant diff in sound/vibration.

But then again you are shooting that little pocket rocket

And I have the big slow Pat.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey rack, I shot it plenty with just the top one on after the lower ripped off. Little to no noise in that configuration. I then remembered your post and decided to see what fps it was costing me. So I then cut it off and TWANG goes the shot. No fps gain either!!

I' m not saying your wrong or questioning you at all as we shoot different bows. I just thought that it was interesting how my results were opposite with the smaller bow using the same cam.

I will noly add something back if the buzz buster I ordered doesn' t satisfy my ears.

I also shot a 29" 2315 to see if it would do be any good to go heavier as far as noise reduction goes. No noise reduction no matter what arrow I shoot. I' m not saying it' s loud by any means, there is just always room for quieter.

Tonight, I try to create a 29.5" draw module by grinding down my 30" module to point halfway between my 29 and 30" module. Wish me luck!! []
Old 06-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah, to get back to the topic title. Shakey hunter problems, I' ve got one for ya.

When I push down on the launcher arm I can hear the spring inside making a oirnghha noise. It sounds like it' s dying for some lube. Can I take the bolt out and slip some lube in there? I tried lubing the exposed moving parts, but the noise still exist.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:11 AM

Try shooting with the cock vain up. I' ve been shooting mine that way without any problems
Old 06-11-2003, 09:06 AM

Dave I understood what you were saying, just poking some fun. My main point being that it really doesn’t matter if you leave the top or the bottom silencer on, and one seems just as good as two.

As far as the spring, yes you can remove the bolt, and get to the spring cavity. You may need to remove the rest though to put it back on, as you need to spin the launcher around to align the spring again.

How did the grinding go[]
Old 06-11-2003, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good actually.
Luckily I was at work and had a full machine shop at my disposal.
I only wound up utilizing a grinder, 3 different files, a small rat tail file the same diameter as the groove and hand held drill (to rotate the rat tail file).

I would say it' s about as halfway between the 1 and 2 module as you can get. I have yet to muster the courage to put it on, but the day is still young!

I am slightly confused on where to put the draw stop peg in this configuration. Trial and error will determine the outcome. But a starting point would be nice. I think I' ll split the difference betweent the 80% letoff setting on each module and go from there.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:53 PM

[8D]My Shaky Trophy Taker was easy to setup on my Bowtech Extreme Solo, I really like the way it has shot so far, if the rain lets up I' ll give it a try on the 3_d range this weekend.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:38 PM

yea I shot an Extreme the other week with the TT and it worked great.

Different Cam makes all the difference. Nice shooting bow

Question for all you " real techies" out there

I finally got to the point with much tweaking of timing and cable and string length of my solo Pat to get clearance without the spring on the TT. it does however pull pretty tight on the cable at full draw, as I still need it to get up pretty quick in the draw.

What damage if any can I do to the bow?

What should I look for?

Otherwise I have it shooting great
Old 06-16-2003, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, after shooting it I decided to take a little more off. Now I have it JUST right. I moved the stop peg to 3.75 and have a liveable amount of vally. I picked up 9 feet per second (4 shot average) over the 29" module.
Now onto my next issue.
With the shaky hunter shooting bullets at 6 feet and tearing the crap out of fletchings at 20 yards with tight groups, I have a sight problem. I was able to tune the bow with the center shot cutting the burger holes to where I can see the lower quarter of the holes under the arrow, hence somewhat maxamizing the centershot and power stroke of the bow.
But now my Toxonics Sniper sight won' t work. I need more play on the gang adjustment to set the 20 yard pendulumn pin. About .25" would do it. The same .25" bowtec moved the darn sight holes above the burger holes when compared to my other two bows (.25" further away). I talked with bow tec and they suggested I needed a " sight drop down bracket" So they sent one to my dealer who sent it to me. Well, I get it in and the damn thing won' t work on this bow. When I try to install it it hit' s the cable slide mount. So now i have to trade in my site for one with a 2.5" verticle adjustment (like my savage pendulum has)
Does the aggrevation ever end??
Any suggestions? (I think I' ll start another thread)
Old 06-16-2003, 08:12 AM

I couldn' t get happy with my shakey hunter either. Took it off the bow Saturday and put on a Muzzy Zero effect. Now I' m happy again.

Quick Reply: Shakey Trophy Taker tuning problems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.