Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Looking for the right arrow?

Old 05-30-2003, 08:57 PM

Default Looking for the right arrow?

I know there are alot of different arrows on the market, so this gets a little tiresome and can be a little expensive at times. I am shooting 60 lbs, 28" draw, 27" arrows, TT rest, with a 2002 Cybertec with the #2 Versacam. I have looked at different arrows, thier weight, spine, cost and what I get from here but still would like to know what would be the right spine, weight, and not be to hard on the pocket. I know there' s alot that would work or be okay but I would like to know which one would be right for this setup. Thanks for the info. Chris
Old 05-30-2003, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Looking for the right arrow?

In the bang for the buck category, the gold tip arrows are up on top of the list. The quality is there but the price will not break your budget. As far as spine goes, for the gold tips, shooting 60lbs, I would look at the 5575.

There are plenty of other good shafts out there, the Beman ICS Hunters (what I shoot) are very popular and have proven themselves as very reliable. A bit more cost than the Gold Tips they are still very good arrows. For your setup the 400 spine is what Beman recomends. With your draw weight and arrow length this puts you right in the center of the range for the 400 spine arrow.

Easton also has a carbon shaft (same as the ICS Hunter) just marketed under the Easton name.

I am sure that others will chime in with other brands and shafts, but these are the ones I have used and had good luck with (performance vs. price)
Old 05-30-2003, 09:41 PM
Fork Horn

I' ll Agree, Hard to beat Gold Tips in the bang for your buck catagory. I shooting 7595s, cant find anything to complain about. I did shoot some Carbon Force arrows the other day, they were nice too.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:41 PM

I have shot quite a few carbon arrows being a " gotta try that new thing" kind of guy. I have been shooting SME Epsilons for a few years but now that the are not making them I have gone to the Cabelas SST arrows. I know a lot of hunters don' t like the skinny carbon shafts but I have tested them and they absolutelly devistate any other arrow on penetration. They punch a hole and the shaft has Zero drag as it follows allong. They are inexpensive and they have a straightness of +/- .002 which for the price of $50/doz is unheard of. The best part is if you F. one up or it shoots poorly send/take it back and they will hand you a new one no questions asked. Also if you don' t like them send them back within 30 days and you will get a full refund. I figured it was a no lose situation.

Here is a link

Rhino

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...ype=index&rid=
Old 06-14-2003, 07:58 AM

my vote is definetly for the 400 ics hunters. good quality for a good price.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

macdaddy,
The SME carbon Epsilon shafts are still manufactured under the vital bow gear Gladiator and Warrior names. In fact Vital Bow Gear is owned by the same guy that ran SME.

BTW there is a great deal on Uncoated SME Epsilon shafts at
http://ebiz.netopia.com/mtnarcherysales/2002clearance1/
$35 for a dozen