Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Who makes a 2-3 degree offset fletching jig??

Old 05-30-2003, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who makes a 2-3 degree offset fletching jig??

If you want the short question look at bottom.

I ordered a 2 degree offset arizona ez-fletch fletching jig from cabelas and got a straight fletch in the mail. When I placed the order the lady said " 2 degree offset straight fletch" . I questioned her on it (explained the oxy-moron behind straight 2 degree offset) and she said she had no knowledge of the product, but I could send it back if it was mislabeled.
I checked the ez fletch website and it makes no mention of a 2 degree fletcher.
I' m wanting to go 2 degree so I can have better flight through my whisker bisquit without terring up my fletching as me helical fletched arrows do. Plus the helical lowers my speed by a solid 5 fps. (might be the different fletching and glue also contributing to this.)
This makes me somewhat want to give up on the WB and just go drop away. My helical fletched arrows group better than straight anyways.

Short question: Is there a 3 fletch fletching jig that will make a 2 degree offset arrow?
Old 05-30-2003, 07:38 AM

Default RE: Who makes a 2-3 degree offset fletching jig??

There may be, but I am not aware of a fletching jig that comes with a fixed degree of offset.

Most jigs have a selection of " clamps" that allows you to fletch offset or helical to a certain maximum. Blitz straight clamps allow a maximum offset up to 6-degrees, depending on diameter of shaft.

If you need to fletch an " offset" to 2 or 3 degrees, you will use a straight clamp and manually set your degree of offset.

PS: A lot of trouble just to use a " Whacking Basket." Sounds like putting the cart in front of the horse. You may be trying to force your shafts to accept what is not appropriate for your setup.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:05 AM

I have the cabelas jig. You can adjust it to any degree you want. Might not be as precise as the others but with some fiddling it turns out some nice arrows. It is quick also as you fletch all three feathers at once.

Has served me well for over 15 yrs.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

The cabelas jig? I will have to look at that one.
I' m starting to agree about the bisquit. I just bought the new deluxe quick shot and will have to justify taking it off so soon.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright I did it. I just bought a shakey hunter rest off of e-bay.
Here we go again!!!
Old 05-31-2003, 11:09 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-31-2003, 05:44 PM

I shoot 2 degree.I have a shop do them for me and they use the Bitzenberger straight clamp.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:37 AM

i baught the bitzenburger too and really like it.
DaveC, do you want to sell the WB
Old 06-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven' t decided which rest to use yet. I plan on trying the TT out tomorrow. I know what kind of accuracy I can achieve with the WB, now it' s time for the Shaky to sell itself. I will say this much for the TT, it' s a lot smaller than it appears in the adds. The forks will easily clear my riser for the center shot.

If I decide on the TT, the bisquit will definatley be for sale. (don' t need two rest for one bow)

ps, my stinking bowtec is steadily loosing speed. No changes to bow and it consistently looses 1fps each new day it gets shot. I started at 264 average with the wb and now I' m down to a 261 average. If ever a bow wanted to get chunked off a bridge, this is the one.[:' (]
Old 06-03-2003, 11:14 PM

Until you decide what accessories and setups you want, and stick with something for awhile. I would not blame the bow for speed variances.

It is not unusual for a bow to flip-flop a few fps now and then. String creep, heat, cold, humidity, dry, damp, wind, etc., will affect speed. I would not be concerned about 3 fps.

Quick Reply: Who makes a 2-3 degree offset fletching jig??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.