Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

1 Pin to 30 yds results

Old 05-30-2003, 01:55 PM

Default RE: 1 Pin to 30 yds results

The perfect setup for Whitetail hunting, IMO.
I do two things differently, I started using an adjustable sight, so I can practice at any range I want. This way I still only have one pin when hunting, and for a knucklehead like me who get' s way too excited, I don' t have to worry about using another pin by mistake.
I also like to set it up so it' s sighted in a little farther, I know I can always judge if the deer' s inside 20 yards, and just hold a few inches low. It' s everything over 20 I have a hard time guestimating. I' m always suprised folks who limit their shots to 35yds or so don' t use this system.

Old 05-30-2003, 05:31 PM
Spike

Thanks for posting this Rack-attack. I just installed a single pin sight on my bow after using multiple pin sights for 15+ years. And I' m shooting very close to the same speed you are. 1 question. How' s that Morrell' s target holding up?
Old 05-30-2003, 10:20 PM

VA,

that Morrel target is one of the best I have had. it is not filld with fuzz like the bag targets. It is filled with a layerd material and holds up great. Arrows only go in a few inches and easy removal.
Old 05-31-2003, 02:08 AM

Thats one reason I like this place, there is usually at least one other person out there that has the same thing on there mind as me. And that' s scary![]
I' ve been looking at new sights for the upcoming season. I will be going from a pendulum to a fixed pin because I seem to find myself on the ground wondering around more than up in the tree. And I usually see just as many deer.
I have been looking at the new trio sight from impact archery, but have also considered using a single fixed pin. I may consider it further after I get out and do a little experimenting of my own.
So, let me ask you guys, which sight are you using. Is it just a round aperature with a single pin made exclusivley for this purpose, or are you just moving all the rest of your pins down to the bottom, or taking them off completly.
Also, if anyone cares to give thier opinion, what do you guys think of the impact archery sight? I' ve heard some good things about thier visibility, but haven' t heard much on durability.
Man, I can' t wait till October!!!!!
Old 05-31-2003, 02:04 PM

micah,

I am now using the Spot-Hogg Right on. If you do a search in the Bowhunting forum you can read a report I did on it. It is a five pin sight. I use all five pins during the winter and summer because I often shoot out to 50 or 60 yds for practice. Around August or so I set it up with two pins and practice for hunting season. I like the option of having other pins available when I practice.

I have also heard good things about the Impact sights but have never used one.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:18 PM

Thanks Rack-attack, I use the Hogg-it Hunter for target shooting, but I like that the impact archery sights have 2.5 feet of fiber optics for each pin. Man, they are bright. I' ll probably end up with one of them for hunting, but would still like to know what you other guys are shooting. Or if anyone has had problems with them. Thanks
Old 06-01-2003, 10:27 AM
CG

I' ve been shooting the Impact Cosmic for about 3 months now.....Took a turkey w/ it......VERY bright and (so far) very durable......Don' t know how good it would be as a " movable" sight since you have two points that you have to loosen to move it, but as a fixed pin, it works great......
Old 06-01-2003, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

Micah, I am also a one pin shooter and have been fpr years. This year I switched to a Vital Bow Gear Profix model sight. Vital Bow Gear took over Scout Mountain . I really love this sight. It has the round pin guard with the orange around it to aid in centering the guard in a peep. It has vertical pin that is sooo bright. There is 3 ft of the fiber optic material wrapped around the guard. This sucker is really bright.It is really a nice sight. You can see it at www.vitalbowgear.com as i said it is the Profix model, you will find it under the vertical pin section.
Old 06-01-2003, 02:13 PM

Proff, that' s a pretty good looking sight as well, do know what the diameter of the apereture is? I might have to see if I can find one of those to look at too.
Old 06-01-2003, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

Micah, the diameter is 1-11/16, I just measured it. If you would happen to decide to go with this sight just send me a PM and I will tell you where to get it at a great price. A local shop close to me had it for $75.95, and I got it on line for $49.95. Quite a savings.

Quick Reply: 1 Pin to 30 yds results

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.