Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Proline patented single cam

Old 05-28-2003, 08:25 PM

Default Proline patented single cam

Anyone familiar with their new cam?

[link]http://www.prolinebows.com/tunetips/sc_tuningtips.html[/link]

Supposedly has level nock travel with any draw length module. Interesting info.

Oops, I edited to fix the link.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:54 PM

Default RE: Proline patented single cam

Another product with no users out there? Am I going to have to buy one of these too, just to find out how nice it is?
Old 05-30-2003, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

I could be wrong, but I think that is the Darton CPS. I believe Darton owns Proline, but I maybe wrong.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:06 PM

Proline is no longer owned by Darton. This cam is also Trademarked with a different name. It doesn' t look like a CPS cam to me. I think it' s something new.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not actually shot one of these bows, but I did draw a few at the Harrisburg show last year. They are smooth drawing, with a good, positive stop. If I am not mistaken, Len posted something about the cam after it first cam out. It is the same cam that was on last year' s Prolines when they were still part of Darton, and on the Darton Storm, I believe. It looks exactly like the same cam, and I had the Proline brochure with the description. It is the same as far as I can tell. If I remeber correctly, Len said the level nock travel was not really quite true. I don' t remember anything else.

This is definitely not the CPS system.

I did own a Darton/Proline Mountain 2000 that had the CPS 2 system. The riser had the nicest grip that I ever shot. The bow was tack-driving accurate. It was not blazing fast, but this Post Feed cam isn' t either. The only reason I sold the bow is the noise and vibration factor. I had Limb Savers, string leeches, NV system on the bow, and even put silicone in and around the limb pockets. It still was not a real quiet bow with lighter arrows.

I know this does not really give you all the information you were looking for, but it didn' t seem like you were getting much at all there for a while.
Old 05-31-2003, 06:03 AM

Joe, thanks for the info.

I imagine that even if nock travel isn' t completing level, that close is better than way off.

I' ll have to find a dealer to see if noise is still a problem.