Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Wavy vanes

Old 05-27-2003, 02:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wavy vanes

It doesn' t seem to take much for vanes to go from nice and straight to wavy. After a pass-thru between bales, occassionally pulling the arrow with my hand wrapped around the vanes (when it' s the only part of the arrow exposed), or a slight collison with something and my vanes become wavy. Is there a manufacturer out there who makes vanes that are a little more durable?

I currently have two or three different types of vanes on my bow and I don' t remember who they are made by
Old 05-27-2003, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wavy vanes

You can straighten the vanes by holding them over steam or by using a hair dryer.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:49 AM

Hair dryer works great for me. takes about 30 seconds.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:10 AM

Is there a manufacturer out there who makes vanes that are a little more durable?
Yes there is.....True-flight[]
Old 05-27-2003, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Flex Fletch makes the best vane for this imo.They do not distort on passthroughs and look like they are brand new.

The only draw back to them is they are a lot harder to glue properly,but it can be done.

Go to www.flexfletch.com follow there instruction and you will have no problems with them staying on and say by by to those wavy vanes.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:41 AM

Do your wavy vanes hit to a different point of impact?
Old 05-31-2003, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ossage-actually they don' t. My arrows that have a wavy vane--or two--or three all group together with the perfect vaned arrows.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

I have also used a hair dryer and steam from boiling water.....both get the job done....just make sure the vanes isnt hitting your rest anywhere because that wil also cause wavy vanes.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:57 PM

I used the hair dryer method and it works =)
Old 06-04-2003, 09:36 AM

I would suggest just shooting into a better target. Something that will stop your arrows from pass through. Also pull the arrows out by the shaft. The rest will cause wavy vanes after a few shots if it makes contact with the vanes.

Quick Reply: Wavy vanes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.