Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

no peep problems

Old 05-26-2003, 06:11 PM

Default no peep problems

I installed a no peep on my MQ1.. I also have a peep.. I have the anchor for the no peep a little higher.. anyway I shoot my bow with the no peep and its almost dead on.. on I shoot it again and its 10 inches to the left.. I know its me getting used to the eye adjustment.. is there anything that I can do to help this??
Old 05-26-2003, 07:33 PM

Default RE: no peep problems

I dont understand your question- you need to clarify it a little better. I shoot a no peep on 3 bows - I dont use a reg. peep. Im willing to try and help if I can but dont understand what you are trying to say.
Old 05-26-2003, 07:59 PM

sorry let me rephrase.. ok I have a no peep I just put on.. I also have a regular peep still on my bow... I went to shoot my no peep without using my reqular peep.. ok I have the no peep anchored slightly higher than my regular peep.. ok I shoot the no peep and its almost dead on.. I shoot it again and its 10 inches to the left.. (this is consistantly) I THINK my problem is me focusing.. im used to shooting with my dominant eye only and im trying to shoot with both eyes open.. I guess im just going to have to shoot with only my right eye..OR is there any other way for my to compensate for this problem.. or am I just weird??
Old 05-26-2003, 09:34 PM

Although you might be right-handed, you need to determine if you are " left eye" dominant. Left eye dominant shooters can shoot with the right eye (weaker eye), but not both eyes.

Although eye dominance might not be your problem, far left or right hits only when using both eyes is an indicator of an eye dominance problem.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:34 AM

Using a peep with the No-Peep defeats the whole purpose of using a No-Peep....CAREFULLY (no skimming) read the instructions that came with your No-Peep and I believe it explains why you need to take the peep off your bow before setting up the No-peep. Even though you say you aren' t using your peep, its still there in front of your eyes and is now a distraction to focusing your eyes where they should be.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can actually leave the peep on the string--that way you can get the no-peep very close to where it needs to be from the start--then after you have it close you take the peep sight off and adjust the no-peep to get it exactly where you need it--then you will have a consistant anchor every time.JUST A THOUGHT.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:50 PM

I am Right Eye Dominant and for quite a while my left eye tried to take over the aming. Every time that happened, I missed the target all together. What I did to defeat this tendency was to squint down or close my left eye all together.

Another thing that was hard to learn to get lined up correctly then IGNORE the No-Peep. This too can create a lot of problems.

The bad thng is that out of a dozen target arrows I only have six left [and I never lost an arrow] that missed because of the left eye problem. The six were shot through or bent in the fletching area when hit with another arrow.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

C903 is correct, I wanted to try the No-peep in order to shoot with both eyes open, only to find since I was left eye dominant and right handed, that I had no chance of focusing correctly and achieving consistency. Anybody wanna buy a no-peep?
Old 05-28-2003, 10:21 PM

I still shoot with both eyes open it is just that sometimes I have to squint down my left eye . . . but once I do it is both eyes open . . . and the accuracy is terrfic. I love those tight groups.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:36 AM

Shooting with both eyes open is considered advantageous, because it reduces strain, maximizes the natural experience of light and so forth. It really has a marginal, I would say zero, effect on accuracy, one shot at a time. Eye dominace problems ssues aside, of course, but then eye dominance is the absolutely first thing one looks at with a shooter.