Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vane hitting the riser

Old 05-25-2003, 11:48 PM

Default Vane hitting the riser

I have a Hoyt Magna tech twin cam and the vane is hitting the riser. I have the arrow centered. I cannot paper tune this bow. Help
Old 05-26-2003, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Vane hitting the riser

too find out what is going on you are gonna have to shoot it through paper.
otherwise your just going to be chasing your tail
Old 05-26-2003, 03:10 PM

What do you suspect is causing vane to hit riser? Need more detail!

What is your shaft spine, shaft length, broadhead or fieldpoint vs. draw length and draw weight?
Old 05-26-2003, 05:19 PM

If you look down the string you can see that the vane is hitting the riser by about a quarter of an inch. I had new limbs put on about a year ago. I am shootting the proper arrow.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:34 AM

What arrow rest? How are the fletchings oriented,cock feather up or down etc.If you set the centershot properly your Vanes should not hit the riser.You may need to index the vanes by rotating the nock.Then again if center shot is correct this should not be a problem

CB
Old 05-27-2003, 02:21 PM

We are using a prong style rest and the center shot is fine. It seems to me that there has to be a problem with the bow.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:29 PM

How did you set the center shot? Just curious.

If the center shot is fine, which I doubt, whatever' s wrong with the bow should be obvious, even to a beginner archer. if you go to the Hoyt site, or any bow dealer' s web site, you should be able to compare from the pictures you see, and determine what' s wrong right off the bat. Something that out of whack would be instantly noticeable.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:19 AM

That`s what I am saying is that it is very obvious that something is wrong.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I imagine you would not be able to paper tune with any sort of clearence problem. Here are a few things to check for and a couple of suggestions.

1. Check the clearence at your rest. Are you sure that there are not clearence problems at the rest? Put some lipstick on the edges of the vanes and shot a few times. Then check the rest and riser for lipstick. If there is problems at the rest, it could be kicking the arrow.

2. check all starting points again, the center shot horizontally and vertically, nock point, tiller, arrow spine,

If there is no possible adjustment, you may want to try to use feathers, they will forgive more then vanes on any clearence problems.

You may want to go to a plunger style, or drop away rest, so you can shoot with the cock feather out.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:24 PM

The rest is not the problem. If you were to take the rest off the vane would still hit the riser. The string will not give me enough clearence for the vane not to hit the riser when centered with a guage. Could this be a bow defect, because I cannot tune this bow with this setup.

Quick Reply: Vane hitting the riser

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.