Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Winner' s Chioce Bow String & Cables

Old 05-25-2003, 08:14 AM
Spike

Default Winner' s Chioce Bow String & Cables

I' ve about worn out my string & cable that came standard on my Mathews Legacy and was thinking about upgrading to a custom bow string & cable like Winner' s Choice. What is everyone opinion on Winner' s Choice and other custom bow strings & cable. Also if you have had any problems on your bow after switching to a custom bow string?

Thanks,
Old 05-25-2003, 09:17 AM

Default RE: Winner' s Chioce Bow String & Cables

After going through numerous Zebras I made the switch to W.C. The last Zebra I put on kept stretching untill I threw it in the trash. I always had to reserve the ends on each one and sometimes the center. The W.c. shot in in about 30 arrows and has not moved since.Six months, end and center servings still perfect. Peeps perfect. Doesnt fuzz as much. Definately worth the money.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

Do a search on this and you' ll get quite a few posts on it. That said I' ll just say I think they are too expensive.
Old 05-25-2003, 01:07 PM

I love mine! I shot the heck out of my bow the first year I had it and streached out the string it came with. I replaced it with a WC and it has held up great in addition it seams to have firmed up the wall at the end of my draw.
Old 05-25-2003, 05:23 PM

They are expensive. So is my bow. My peep doesn' t rotate at all! Never have to worry about peep. Cool colors too. Had my WCs for three seasons now. Still no problems at all. There are other companies and individuals who make great strings also. I' ve tried Stone Mountain and they worked too. Not quit as expensive. I usually put WCs on my bows right away so I don' t have to worry about peep rotation.
Old 05-25-2003, 06:51 PM

[8D]Winners Choice are hard to beat, the Zebra is overrated.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:21 PM

There is presently another thread on ' Serving Separation' that I suggest you look at for advice on WC bow strings/cables.
Old 05-25-2003, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

Not trying to start anything here or beat a dead horse but you may want to check and see the recommendation for replacing strings/cables for your bow. I personally do mine every year (but I make my own). I see alot of people thinking that just because a string is expensive that it will last longer. Strings take a lot of abuse and should be replaced more often then I think some people realize.
Just thinking aloud here also but I wouldn' t think changing string brands would firm up the wall. My guess is that the previous string had stretched so you were actually underdrawing.
Old 05-25-2003, 09:46 PM

Just thinking aloud here also but I wouldn' t think changing string brands would firm up the wall.
Even brand new the wall felt spongy for lack of a better word. Maybe the winners choice is just less stretchy, it just feels more solid.
Old 05-26-2003, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Joel, I was hoping to get a few more responses more for my benefit then causing anything. I always thought the big selling point of a solo cam was the solid wall. Again I' d just be guessing but I like to know when something seems to go against the norm, a learning experience for me if you will. I was just thinking aloud and still think that maybe even new the draw was a little long. Even if it called for a 94" string and this is what you replaced it with and it felt better I' m just assuming that the original string was longer either by stretching or from the factory (strings aren' t always what the factory says, that' s why I like doing my own cause then I know). Glad the new string makes the bow feel better, that is what it is all about.

Quick Reply: Winner' s Chioce Bow String & Cables

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.