Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Buzz Buster...

Old 05-30-2003, 06:22 PM

Default RE: Buzz Buster...

No problem, thanks for the info! I can order from there. How much was shipping? Dave
Old 05-30-2003, 06:50 PM

Standard shipping rate about $6. Hopefully, i will have it by Tuesday.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:27 PM

Let us know... I' d like to get one if it works.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:01 PM

clearanceman, I got the buzz buster Tuesday and finally got around to trying it out today. It is really easy to setup on the cable guard, it took me about 2 minutes to get it adjust and ready. My bow has a 6 3/4" brace height and worked just fine, but i believe anyone who has a brace of 6 1/2" or shorter might have to make a modification to get it to work. I just got that impression from putting it on my bow and i have not tried to put the bb on a bow with a lower brace height. Once i had it installed and tightened down i started slinging arrows. Man, this thing really works. My bow was quiter than it has ever been. The bb did an excellent job killing string vibration and noise. You could only hear a low thump sound as the string contacted the flexible rubber stop on the bb. I shot somewhere around 40-50 arrows with the bb attached and I' m telling you the thing really impressed me. I thought it might vibrate loose but it didn' t. With more shots it may but a little light duty thread lock should take care of that. As for reliability and toughness i can not comment on that with only one practice round. The bb is very well made and small. This is one more piece of equipment that i will add to my setup. This thing killed more noise and vibration than any thing i have ever had on my string.
Old 06-06-2003, 03:24 AM

Thanks for the report! That sounds great! I' ll have to get one...
Old 06-06-2003, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great report and thanks for the info on where to get one cheap. I got some sort of bowhunting catalog in the mail yesterday and it had them for $26.95 which was $3 cheaper than from pearson, but your price blows them away.
Thanks again.
Old 06-08-2003, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I ordered one. But the lady on the phone told me the price was $24.99. I cried a little and said " but the guy on the net said they were $19.99" . She misunderstood me and questioned their net price. I told here it was in the spring/summer catalog and she said she would change the price after checking on it. Now I have to wait for my statement to see what I was charged.
Time will tell.
Old 06-08-2003, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Len, do you have these things in, yet?
Charlie
Old 06-09-2003, 06:58 AM

I have had a Buzz Buster on my Freedom Pro since the first of February. It has worked great. I have shot a 3-D shoot at least once a week since I put it on and it still works great and is in good condition. You should be able to pick up about 2 tp 4 fps. I have had a couple of people tell me that they picked up to 7 fps.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

The buzz buster would not work on either my Mighty mite or my Z-light. Not enough stroke on my cable guard between at rest and full draw. When coming to full draw the cable guard would hit the buzzbuster before the end of the draw cycle. Almost worked on the z-light, but no cigar. Not even close on the mighty mite.

Quick Reply: Buzz Buster...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.