Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

stumped- ST broadheads 2.5 inch left and 1 inch low compared to FP

Old 09-18-2009, 05:34 AM
Spike

Default stumped- ST broadheads 2.5 inch left and 1 inch low compared to FP

Folks,

Been shooting for the past several weeks. I thought things were going well so I decided to put on a broadhead to verify. To my horror, they hit 2 1/2 inches left and 1 inch low. Last year they were spot on. The broadheads are slick tricks, 125 gr.
I am shooting a Darton Avalanche, 65-68 lbs with Beman ICS hunter 340's. Any suggestions would be great.

Mike
Old 09-18-2009, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Broadhead tune...you are probably very close on your setup, but not perfect.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=539460
Old 09-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Spike

WV Hunter, thanks. after posting I actually saw this on archery talk. It is a great guide. Being a relative newbie, I am learning how to adjust the different components of the bow. I now have to go back and figure out how to adjust the rest. wish me luck
Old 09-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouild agree, slight rest movement, shoot both FB and ST's again, you should see them either getting farther apart, or closer together. Don't stress over it, it isn't a major problem.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Spike

Thanks handles. i want perfection. I gut shot a doe last year, but did find her and I don't want that to happen again. I, like all bowhunters, want a quick kill, so i want the BH to fly like the FP. So, you think 2.5 L and 1 down is a small issue, easily corrected?
Old 09-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WTDoc
Thanks handles. i want perfection. I gut shot a doe last year, but did find her and I don't want that to happen again. I, like all bowhunters, want a quick kill, so i want the BH to fly like the FP. So, you think 2.5 L and 1 down is a small issue, easily corrected?
Hopefully. start off by moving the rest about 1/4" right, and a few millimeters up.

Your fp impact will change so be ready for that. You will get it with a bit of time! Good luck

Derek
Old 09-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just got done correcting the same issue...end result is it is quite suprising how out of tune your bow can get....

I started with paper tuning and was tail high and right...adjusted my rest accordingly(essentially chasing tear direction with adjustments) until I was shooting bullet holes. I then resighted my FP's in. Once complete with the resight I checked BH's at same distance - money. I then compared Muzzy, ST, and Thunderhead out of curiosity and whalah they are flying amazing and dead money to my FPs...seems and sounds too good to be true.. Next I verified POI out to 40 yards and was in line and on... Happiest I ever have been after shooting broadheds right now.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Carpmaster
I just got done correcting the same issue...end result is it is quite suprising how out of tune your bow can get....

I started with paper tuning and was tail high and right...adjusted my rest accordingly(essentially chasing tear direction with adjustments) until I was shooting bullet holes. I then resighted my FP's in. Once complete with the resight I checked BH's at same distance - money. I then compared Muzzy, ST, and Thunderhead out of curiosity and whalah they are flying amazing and dead money to my FPs...seems and sounds too good to be true.. Next I verified POI out to 40 yards and was in line and on... Happiest I ever have been after shooting broadheds right now.
You cant beat confidence when going into the deer woods!
Old 09-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by drockw
You cant beat confidence when going into the deer woods!

You also can't beat buck fever HAHAHAH
Old 09-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by FSUBIGMAC
You also can't beat buck fever HAHAHAH
When Confidence>doubt you can... It is hard to take your eyes off of a nice rack tho

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.