Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

string stops worth it or not

Old 09-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default string stops worth it or not

im new and need some input, i think my diamond rock could be a little more consistant. The salesman at local shop want to sell me a string stop, will it help ive seen a couple and the guys that have them swear by them the guys that dont have them all seem to have some reason why or that its a wast of money..... Is it or not what does everybody think.
Ive been shooting the bow for about three months and have probley shot it 1000 times at first i got better and now have just planned out
Old 09-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by baileym62
im new and need some input, i think my diamond rock could be a little more consistant. The salesman at local shop want to sell me a string stop, will it help ive seen a couple and the guys that have them swear by them the guys that dont have them all seem to have some reason why or that its a wast of money..... Is it or not what does everybody think.
Ive been shooting the bow for about three months and have probley shot it 1000 times at first i got better and now have just planned out
String stops are great for adding some forgiveness and quiet the bow down Considerably!! It stops the string dead in spot, which eliminates alot of noise and string oscillation which can cause a bit of vibration and slap issues. Overall a great investment
Old 09-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think they are one of the best bow add-ons in the last decade...
Old 09-18-2009, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lookup meanV on here and get with him! He'll set you up! Also look on youtube for some video's about them...awesome videos showing just what they do.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the info i think i will look him up does anybody dislike them for any reason?
Old 09-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think you'll find more that like them, that don't.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

the only thing i dont like about mine is the camo pattern on my STS doesnt match the camo pattern on my bow..

then again niether does my site or quiver either
Old 09-19-2009, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

String stops work for sure, but they aren't designed to help you shoot better. They are designed to help reduce noise & vibration. If its your shooting that needs improvement, the string stop won't help much in that dept. If you decide to get one, MeanV has a great one, I really like mine.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:11 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
String stops work for sure, but they aren't designed to help you shoot better. They are designed to help reduce noise & vibration. If its your shooting that needs improvement, the string stop won't help much in that dept. If you decide to get one, MeanV has a great one, I really like mine.
+1

I also can recomend the Fuse Stealthshot. Good quality and easy to set up.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:56 AM
Fork Horn

The Limbsaver Decelerator works good for me.
Attached Thumbnails string stops  worth it or not-000_0610.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.