Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

best arrows?

Old 09-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Spike

Default best arrows?

what is the best arrows out there. any suggestions? thank u.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I only shoot beman ICS Hunters and they have been great and I'm not sure how they are priced compared to others.May have to ask as far as price and quality which is best.Some folks have deeper pockets than others,I can buy mine for $60 a dozen bear shaft and build the way I want.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like PSE's carbon force, and have used carbon express in the past with good results. I bought some Cabela's arrows on sale for practice arrows, and they shoot/group right with the others. Reality, they are all pretty similar and unless you are such a good shot that you are getting paid to shoot and free arrows, buy what you can afford.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:40 PM
bigcountry

I have shot probably 12 different brands over the years, and you can't beat Carbon Tech Whitetails.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

I have shot and hunted with many and Gold Tip Pro Hunters I like the best
Old 09-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't think there is a best, the best for you is what you can afford at the time.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by The Rev
I don't think there is a best, the best for you is what you can afford at the time.
Agree..It's like asking what's the best Bow..
Old 09-17-2009, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Arrows have far easily measured tolerances- it is pretty simple to do testing and see which arrows will have the potential best accuracy, not so much with bows once they are put in someone's hands. They are very different.

Easton A/C technology are the most consistent on the market for measured tolerances. whether it's target or hunting shafts. CX Maxima Selects and any of the Carbon Tech line (at least when they were Made in the USA) are close runners up.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:13 AM
bigcountry

I am extremely hesitate to buy the new carbon techs. I would love to see a report on the foreign jobs.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by JeffB
Arrows have far easily measured tolerances- it is pretty simple to do testing and see which arrows will have the potential best accuracy, not so much with bows once they are put in someone's hands. They are very different.

Easton A/C technology are the most consistent on the market for measured tolerances. whether it's target or hunting shafts. CX Maxima Selects and any of the Carbon Tech line (at least when they were Made in the USA) are close runners up.

Dude, I've been shooting for a long, long time and tolerances don't mean squat to 95 % of hunters. I hate to say this, and I'm not trying to be ugly, but the average bow hunter isn't good enough to notice.
Now I shoot out to 75 yards and make long distant trick shots, yes no doubt there are better consistent arrows, but like I said, in most cases it really doesn't matter to most hunters. They are trying to put an arrow in a six inch ring at twenty yards, where I might be trying to put an arrow in a one inch ring at 65 yards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.