Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Good stabalizers?

Old 06-11-2003, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Good stabalizers?

I' d recommend the Sims Modular, Sims Enhancer
2000, and any in the Doinker line. I use a
combination of these on all my bows.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:27 AM

FYI,

The mis-conception is that the vibration in a bow travels from the limbs to the riser and then to the stabilizer. Statements similar to " We trap the vibration in the limb pockets before it gets to your hand." or " We reduce vibration after it gets to your riser by moving down our %%%%%." I have tested well over 100+ bows in 1000' s of ways. The bows vibration is one event. Not a travelling event. So you don' t get to move it and it doesn' t move either. Ever watch the slow motion video by Easton? Don' t see vibration travelling there do we? Nope. All at once. Everything starts to move upon release. So if you buy a stabilizer and it is working then it has the ability to effect the whole event. All in all try it at your dealer and find what works best for you.
Old 06-12-2003, 09:31 AM

I will put a vote in for the Vibracheck Isolator line.

I have been very happy with mine
Old 06-12-2003, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

Stealth is the best one I' ve ever owned at reducing vibration and I' ve owned many.
Forget the rest; it' s the best.

Sag.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:37 AM

I love my stealth too and Jerry is a great guy to deal with, couldn' t ask for better customer service.

Eric
Old 06-12-2003, 01:13 PM

I tried to get a v-bar stabilizer from e-bay and got outbid by a sniper at the last minute. It' s a good thing too. My max bid was $17 with 5.95 shipping. Someone bid over and got it for .50 more. I looked at the add and the seller was a power-seller with a website. I went to the site that company was selling the same thing for $7.95 plus s&h!!!!![]
Old 06-13-2003, 06:18 PM

Default Stealth

Another vote for the Stealth...8" . I like to test things out for myself, and did so with several stabilizers...had a lot of fun testing different brands. The Stealth reduced vibration and noise far better than the others.
Old 06-13-2003, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Stealth 6" Hunter
Old 06-14-2003, 10:26 AM

I asked my dealer what he liked ,He has been into archery for over 20 years.
He recommended ,the Sims stabilizer ,Tranquilizer and Doinker .
He says these are his best sellers and have been proven to work the best.
I asked him about the Stealth and he laughed and then pulled out
an old Ace Hydraulic steel ,a old Okie dual chamber and a Xring all metal powder ?
He Said,
This the old Technology that Stealth is trying to push on the internet and onto new archers and it has been around for years!

Maybe some will buy into it but I wont.[:@]

What else is coming back? a 4 Wheel compound bow?
Old 06-14-2003, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tosoro........I' m going to put it bluntly. Your dealer is typical of the " Know it all" types of shop owners. They' re not all like that for sure, but a shop owner who will laugh at something that he has no direct knowledge of is shooting himself in the foot. Rather than try it, learn about it and see how it works........and possibly offer them to his customers to let them decide he' ll just dismiss it in favor of what already sells for him. Do you think he wants his customers hearing that there might be a stabilizer out there that outperforms all the inventory he has hanging on his shelves? That' s $$ out of his pocket if he isn' t offering them.

Of course the others are the best sellers because they all promise " the best" and everyone wants the newest and greatest thing down the pipe on those shiny advertisements (Why do you think we want new bows every year!). Just because they are so called " New Technology" does not necessarily qualify them as the best.
And who is he to say that the " Similar" stabilizers he pulled out have the same make-up as a dual chamber Stealth design? If you want to get technical a Tranquilizer is a ONE chamber design with chunks of rubber stuffed into it.....Does that sound like Earth Shattering technology? Do you know what is in a Stealth? Does your dealer know? I doubt it. WHat' s in it is what matters.......that and the quality of construction and materials used.
We are not hallucinating when we are saying that we have tested the Stealths against his " Best Sellers" and the best sellers have LOST in performance.
Look above this reply at the other endorsements for Stealth and e-mail the guys who have taken the time to test these things.........see what they say and what they tested them against. These are the guys who have dropped their own money to find out for themselves.

Stabilizers need to perform a stabilizing function as well as noise/vibration/handshock reduction so a Stealth is not always going to be a perfect choice balance wise,(Some very front heavy bows NEED a stabilizer like a Tranquilizer) but its other performance characteristics cannot be argued with. And anyone without any loyalties hidden or otherwise towards these " Top Sellers" who takes the time to do any unbiased testing will soon learn this.
And as always I am not saying those " top sellers" mentioned are junk........on the contrary some are quite good, and I like the products such as SIMS and Doinker and GKF' s Tranquilizer. (A combo of the Tranquilizer/Enhancer 2000 was my top choice until I tested them against the Stealth.)
From my testing on many different bows,and different arrow weights the Stealth has proved TO ME to be the best of all of them. That said don' t expect the sensation of shooting a Stealth vs. another style to be like shooting with a stabilizer vs. nothing at all.......its not THAT dramatic, but it has been noticibly better vs all others I' ve tried.
So I' m not going to shoot the " New Technology" just for the sake of shooting what some shop guy tells me is the best or his top sellers........I' m shooting what works the best for me, found out by ME.

All I can say is you' ll have to decide for yourself........do you trust the 20yr " Expert" who has loyalties to certain products he' s trying to make a living on, or do you simply bite the bullet and find out for yourself? People are still going to try something like a Stealth and find they might not like it as much as BrandX or BrandY.....THAT' S GREAT! That' s what it is all about........but to blindly dismiss something based on ignorance is plain silly.
That' s why the truly good shops like " Len in Maryland" ' s is great (sorry to drag you in Len I need an example) Len might make a recommendation as a starting point on something like a stabilizer based on his experience of what has worked for him or customers in the past, but he is going to stock as many different kinds of an accessory as he can , and then ultimately hand over as many as you want to try, and let YOU decide. When you find something that " works" for you by actually trying them out you will have more confidence in your purchase.

Quick Reply: Good stabalizers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.