Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sometimes I just want to punch people in the face

Old 09-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welp it seems the customer is a novice, first time bow purchaser. The bow & accessories were basically picked out by his buddy/buddies. The cheap shafts were bought because (to paraphrase the buddies) "he wouldn't be shooting beyond 20 yards for now- when he get's better, he can get better arrows".

as for the arrows themselves- They are certainly not so horrid a good archer couldn't pull off even a 6" group with them at 20 yards. With nock turning I can usually get them to group (3 arrow group) about the size of a baseball, there's always a few flyers in a dozen- Then again, there's usually a few flyers in many arrows that are 2-3 times as expensive. I can guarantee alot of people here on these forums have or still use them too.

At any rate, I'm done with the thread (thanks to those who actually understand the whole point of why I posted it)
Old 09-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Why does your shop sell them?
Speaking for my shop here.

Because we sell bows that run the price range of about $350 to $800 and accessories that run from $20 to $250. Therefore we stock arrows that run from $55 to $220 per dozen.

Because no every one can afford a $1200 bow rig. But if you can afford a $1200 rig and then you decide to skimp on the most important aspect of the entire rig is just stupid.

The guy that buys a Bear lights out package that retails for $529.99 for the bow, rest, sight, peep, sling, stabilizer, and quiver, that shoots well above its price tag, probably can't afford $140 for a dozen arrows. He may have saved for several months to purchase this package and to him $60 for a dozen arrows is expensive.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Speaking for my shop here.

Because we sell bows that run the price range of about $350 to $800 and accessories that run from $20 to $250. Therefore we stock arrows that run from $55 to $220 per dozen.

Because no every one can afford a $1200 bow rig. But if you can afford a $1200 rig and then you decide to skimp on the most important aspect of the entire rig is just stupid.

The guy that buys a Bear lights out package that retails for $529.99 for the bow, rest, sight, peep, sling, stabilizer, and quiver, that shoots well above its price tag, probably can't afford $140 for a dozen arrows. He may have saved for several months to purchase this package and to him $60 for a dozen arrows is expensive.
This. All of it.

Now I'm done
Old 09-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

Welp it seems the customer is a novice, first time bow purchaser. The bow & accessories were basically picked out by his buddy/buddies. The cheap shafts were bought because (to paraphrase the buddies) "he wouldn't be shooting beyond 20 yards for now- when he get's better, he can get better arrows".

as for the arrows themselves- They are certainly not so horrid a good archer couldn't pull off even a 6" group with them at 20 yards. With nock turning I can usually get them to group (3 arrow group) about the size of a baseball, there's always a few flyers in a dozen- Then again, there's usually a few flyers in many arrows that are 2-3 times as expensive. I can guarantee alot of people here on these forums have or still use them too.

At any rate, I'm done with the thread (thanks to those who actually understand the whole point of why I posted it)
Thanks Jeff! Whatever else came of this thread, you earned my respect. Might not mean much, but you have it. Sincerly!
Old 09-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

probably can't afford $140 for a dozen arrows.
What arrows cost that much in your shop? I've got Beman ICS hunter Elites, and Easton XX78 Super slams. Got something better? I paid 90 bucks for the Eastons, and maybe 100 bucks for the Bemans. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????
Old 09-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

What arrows cost that much in your shop?
Carbon Express Maxima - $150
Carbon Express Aramids - $200
Easton ACC - $150
Easton Axis FMJ - $140
Easton axis nano - $115
Old 09-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff mentioned his shop carries A/C/E X10's,although they are target specific arrows,they cost about $370 a dozen RAW.Points can be as high as $225 a dozen.

IMO,it is hard to beat ACC's for hunting,I have been using the same arrows for SEVERAL years now.

Last edited by TFOX; 09-02-2009 at 08:36 PM.