Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sometimes I just want to punch people in the face

Old 09-02-2009, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by valor10
That might be the stupidest statement I've ever read on this forum. I mean really, the original poster sold a high dollar bow, then let the guy walk out with crappy arrows? Really JeffB? He's on a budget and that what you give him out the door? Nothing like educating the customers. Getting them into bow hunting. What a thread!
Dude-cut the internet mellodrama. It's lame.

The others explained it quite clearly (as did I, but apparently 2 or 3 times is not enough for some)
Old 09-02-2009, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

What the hell does this mean? He didn't sell him the set up? Did he sell him the frickin bow? Does JeffB work in this shop? Did the customer buy this bow in that shop? TFOX, no need for you to comment. I'd like to hear from JeffB. Okay with you? Or were you there for this evolution?
OK. You win the "doucherocket of the day" award.

How friggin hard is it to understand my posts? The setup was bought when I was not around-INCLUDING the arrows. I set the bow up for the customer once the appropriate length cam arrived.

Would you like me to whip up a diagram?
Old 09-02-2009, 04:43 AM
Typical Buck

Customer purchases a bow & accssories a couple weeks ago, and I get to set it up for him....

Bow- $850
Arrow Rest- $140
Sight- $120
Super fancy quiver- $120
Stabilizer- $80.00

All in matching camo

Now here comes the part where I want to punch him the face

Arrows- $45 for a 1/2 doz. of the cheapest, least consistent adult arrows we carry. And then buys $ 80 worth of broadheads to put on them

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't be this guy when you walk into a shop.
Your original post. Guy spends over $1,300.00 dollars on his rig, then spends another $125.00 on arrows and broadheads, and all you can do is come on here and bash the guy for buying cheap arrows. Aybody that spends that kind of cash, isn't going to be over budget shelling out a few bucks more on arrows, if he's advised to do so, in the first place.

I will explain it so that is easy for you to understand.

1. There are more people than Jeff that work in this shop.

2. One of these people sold the customer the bow and arrow set up.

3. Jeff received the appropriate cam/mods at a later date and set up the bow and accessories with out ever talking to the customer prior.
Yep. Nice shop you got there. Well oganized for the customer.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Blah blah, bitch and moan...JeffB is the antichrist......
I have no idea if he would be overbudget or not-that was my theory. I was not there to advise him. Why is this such a big deal to you?

Yep. Nice shop you got there. Well oganized for the customer.
You should drop by sometime David. I'm not sure we can fix ignorance, but maybe we can help you with your bow
Old 09-02-2009, 05:23 AM
Typical Buck

You should drop by sometime David. I'm not sure we can fix ignorance, but maybe we can help you with your bow
Thanks for the offer Jeff. I'm sure you'd do an A1 professional job, on my bow that is! Now if you can fix the ignorance/hardheadedness, lots of folks would pay you BIG dollars for that!
Old 09-02-2009, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wink So nice to know.

Sure is "nice" that the ignorant trouble makers have arrived here too. Not just for the "Bowfight" and AT anymore.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the offer Jeff. I'm sure you'd do an A1 professional job, on my bow that is!
The shop I work at is not perfect but we DO do the the best job we can on each and every bow that comes into us. And that would include YOUR bow. You got me cranky with your comments, but I would never intentionally do a poor job on someone's equipment-even when they have an attitude (and I live 1 hour outside NYC, there are tons of people who come in with an attitude-it's the nature of the populace). Not to say I don't make mistakes, cos I do, sometimes really stupid ones. You can ask Matt/PA about when I totally blanked at the 2004 ATA show trying to get some mods on one of the brand new Pat Duallys so a dealer could shoot the bow. I just could not see (in my mind) how the modules went on and with the hustle and bustle of the hundreds of dealers around, I got nervous and more frustrated. Matt was kind enough to step in, and get the mods on correctly. Def felt brilliant after watching him turn the module a different way and slap it on easy as pie.

I am not "bashing" the customer-I think the people who have known me here for years, especially those who know me personally, is that I'm about as easy going as it gets, and am not the "bashing" type (despite my last name). But I will be the first in-line to proclaim that many (most) archers are ignorant of their ammo-even when they have the money to purchase better (or the best). Simple as that. I'm all about calling a spade a spade, and no BS. I used to do bow reports around here and elsewhere, and while I got praise from some manufacturers, I also got some nasty Emails/PMs from manufacturers reps, staffers, or even the engineer/manufacturer themselves. Oh well. People may not like to hear what I have to say about how **** poor arrows or bow X is, but it's never personal nor do I look down upon ANYONE for shopping within their budget.

Now if you can fix the ignorance/hardheadedness, lots of folks would pay you BIG dollars for that!
I'd be rich. I plan on talking with the people at the shop today to delve deeper into this- Why the customer chose those arrows. I know for a fact that all of the shops employees only recommend these particular arrows for a beginning archer or those on a severely limited budget. I will be sure to post an update once I find out more info.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JeffB
OK. You win the "doucherocket of the day" award.

How friggin hard is it to understand my posts? The setup was bought when I was not around-INCLUDING the arrows. I set the bow up for the customer once the appropriate length cam arrived.

Would you like me to whip up a diagram?
Just for sh**s and giggles can I get that in a pie chart? Or possibly a Ven Diagram?

Dude. Relax Valor.

I agree Jeff -- people think I skimped on arrows but I just happened to get a faily cheap set that fly great for me -- it happens -- not often but it does. VForce HV's BTW.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Never the whole true story

Only the more experienced putting together an expensive package for the apparently, far less experienced.

I'm sure the manager or owner never complained at the purchase. It probably was the max that the customer was buying and could buy.
Some people, and they'll never say, are just poor financial managers, down to their last $200.

And poor experts have to live life with non athletes, who have a lot of money, for the very sport, you're good in, but have far less money available.

Ah, the pain and arrows of life itself.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why does your shop sell them?

I've been dealing with the public for decades and I've never wanted to harm any customer of mine. I also don't sell something I don't like. Because of that and a few other things I've never paid penny one to advertise. My work is my advertising.

Don't sell the stuff, simple as that. Not the customers fault that they trust the store to only sell what's good. It's why they came to you. When they find out other wise, you've lost ground and are forced to pay for good word of mouth.

All because you had to sell something at all. You could let the customer get the cheap shafts some where else and in the long run not used a couple bucks to cost you hundreds but used a couple bucks to make you thousands. NO ONE IS FORCING YOUR SHOP TO SELL THESE SHAFTS BUT BECAUSE A FEW DOLLARS IS WHAT YOUR SHOP IS AFTER THEY MUST. Ya get what ya plant.

Last edited by nodog; 09-02-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.