Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sometimes I just want to punch people in the face

Old 09-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JeffB
Customer purchases a bow & accssories a couple weeks ago, and I get to set it up for him....

Bow- $850
Arrow Rest- $140
Sight- $120
Super fancy quiver- $120
Stabilizer- $80.00

All in matching camo

Now here comes the part where I want to punch him the face

Arrows- $45 for a 1/2 doz. of the cheapest, least consistent adult arrows we carry. And then buys $ 80 worth of broadheads to put on them

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't be this guy when you walk into a shop.

I know it is frustrating to you, but that was a funny post! Sort of like the "priceless" commercial, except it should end in dumb*** lol

Shane
Old 09-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah, you also know he will be the guy coming back saying " I can't get my broadheads to fly, whats wrong"

Shane
Old 09-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

I think you need to read this thread again.Jeff didn't even sell the bow.
Read it agian TFOX. Can't see where he did or didn't sell the bow. You know him, I don't . Quote me where he said he didn't? He's coming across as the sellar to me. This is an arrogant post in my mind. Sell somebody top of the line stuff, then they run out of money, so they're idiots for not spending more. Glad the guys I've always dealt with asked me how much I had to spend first, then set me up with a killer set up, for the money I had. Ain't that what good bow shops do?
Old 09-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by valor10
Read it agian TFOX. Can't see where he did or didn't sell the bow. You know him, I don't . Quote me where he said he didn't? He's coming across as the sellar to me. This is an arrogant post in my mind. Sell somebody top of the line stuff, then they run out of money, so they're idiots for not spending more. Glad the guys I've always dealt with asked me how much I had to spend first, then set me up with a killer set up, for the money I had. Ain't that what good bow shops do?

Post 17 by Jeff

As I did not sell the person this setup (just put it together for him once the appropriate size cam came in)- I was not around to offer any other choices- I have a feeling he realized was hitting the top of the budget, and cheaped out on shafts.

AND,this is the whole point of the thread.If you have a budget,stick to it but spend the money on arrows and a rest and buy a bow that allows you to stay within that budget.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another point,all in matching camo,Buy all the same accesories but in black,that will save you enough to put good arrows with the bow and your accuracy will improve.

Too many buy new gear so they can say,LOOK WHAT I HAVE and don't give accuracy a second thought.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

As I did not sell the person this setup (just put it together for him once the appropriate size cam came in)- I was not around to offer any other choices- I have a feeling he realized was hitting the top of the budget, and cheaped out on shafts.
What the hell does this mean? He didn't sell him the set up? Did he sell him the frickin bow? Does JeffB work in this shop? Did the customer buy this bow in that shop? TFOX, no need for you to comment. I'd like to hear from JeffB. Okay with you? Or were you there for this evolution?
Old 09-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by valor10
What the hell does this mean? He didn't sell him the set up? Did he sell him the frickin bow? Does JeffB work in this shop? Did the customer buy this bow in that shop? TFOX, no need for you to comment. I'd like to hear from JeffB. Okay with you? Or were you there for this evolution?

Chill,it isn't that hard to understand.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know what you mean Jeff! I see it all the time as well. I completely agree that the money should be in the rest and arrows as well... One of my buddies just finally made the switch from that stage. He was using a tm hunter style prong rest on an overdraw shooting a hodge podge of arrows ranging from easton excels(I believe, maybe spelled different?) 400's to epic 340's. They were cut as short as they could be, and he is a 28" draw. I finally got him to throw that pos away, and set him up with an older drop away of mine, and some new epic 400's at the appropriate length.

Its always interesting when the people dont wanna listen to what your telling them! Just gotta go "ok then, we can do it"...
Old 09-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

You know if you want to get any where with any one here you might want to quit acting like an ass.

I will explain it so that is easy for you to understand.

1. There are more people than Jeff that work in this shop.

2. One of these people sold the customer the bow and arrow set up.

3. Jeff received the appropriate cam/mods at a later date and set up the bow and accessories with out ever talking to the customer prior.

No matter what, the customer is going to buy what they want to buy. You can preach and educate all day long and it will not matter one bit to the customer that wants the cheapest arrows. Because as TFOX points out
Too many buy new gear so they can say, LOOK WHAT I HAVE, and don't give accuracy a second thought.
You making assumptions about Jeffs ability, or any one else for that matter, to sell or not sell a customer what he needs only instills ASS-u-me .
Old 09-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Rev
Reminds me of the dummys that put $2,000.00 wheels on $400.00 cars.
For sure...there's alot of them floating around So. Cal.

or they drive a new Hummer...and live in a shack

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.