Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

You shot my Chrony!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 12:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

HAHAHAHA! I'm sorry Dan.... but thats funny as hell!

I think the one we have at the shop is a Pro-Chrony.... its red in color.... I'll check today at work and report back to you. Its a really really good one.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats a nice setup. I just find something to set mine on. Never even gave a thought to a tri pod. Did it bust the chrony, looks like it maybe a fixer? He completely missed the reader, needs more practice.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was always told you shoud stand no more than 3 feet from your chrony so thats how I shoot through them, stupid stuff like that happens when youre too far out lol...sorry for your loss...
Old 08-31-2009, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks!, SC. I'm pretty sure the pro chrony "is" red. With you and Tfox recommending that model I think we'll ante up and go that rt.

WisBH- Believe it or not he shot it from "3 ft". He kept getting the error message and decided he needed to shoot a little lower so his arrow would pass closer to the reader. Well, you see what happened. I gave him a good lesson yesterday shooting from 3 yds. He had no idea how far below your line of sight your arrow leaves the bow. Also a good lesson on how you need to aim on really close deer.

I wish I could fix it but apparently it suffered irrepairable damage.

Dan
Old 09-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Still amazes me how someone can do that when ya have 12" of space ta shoot thru heeheehee.....I dont lend mine out just for that reason.....
Old 09-03-2009, 02:31 AM
Typical Buck

I'm sorry man, but i just cant stop laughin at the pics. funny stuff. I need to buy me one, so i can double lung it and you can have your revenge for me lauging at you.

at least he's gonna replace it.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ranger56528
Still amazes me how someone can do that when ya have 12" of space ta shoot thru heeheehee.....I dont lend mine out just for that reason.....

They do it because of the sight paralax.They use their pins which are considerably higher than the arrow and don't even notice the arrow is pointed right at the chrony.You need to look at where the arrow is going to pass over the chrony,not at the pins when checking arrow speeds.

My pro chrony is not red and it is a cheaper model.Only 100 bucks.Not sure what the red ones are,my shop has one and it is nice.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Taste like chicken
Old 09-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Typical Buck

I own the Pact XP Pro Chronograph.
http://www.pact.com/index.php?option...d=19&Itemid=67
Bought it on a recommendation from a benchrest shooter friend and because it comes with a lifetime warranty.
The lifetime warranty makes it more than worth the extra cost, jmo.
Pretty unusual to find any electronic product with a lifetime warranty these days.
One guy on a benchrest forum sent his 20 year old Pact in for repairs and got a brand new one for a replacement at no charge.
Pretty hard to beat that kind of service !
Got mine at Midway but you can order them direct from Pact for the same price but check Midway for on sale prices.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

WOW that thing is amazing!! that might have to go on my wishlist