Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Muzzy Rest causing additional torque?

Old 05-15-2003, 04:45 AM

Default Muzzy Rest causing additional torque?

Last night I started preparing to install a Muzzy ZE on my new Ultratec Cam & 1/2. The first thing I did was put on the Muzzy cable slide so I could mark the start and end position of the slide on the cable guard. Anyhow, I noticed that the Muzzy slide holds the cables MUCH closer to the cable guard than the Hoyt slide does. This really seems to be adding a lot more torque to the system. Has anyone else noticed this? Has anyone seen any problems from this or can it potentially cause any problems?

P.S. I have the Muzzy adapter plate for the Hoyt bows, but the Hoyt adapter plate is irrelevant to the situation.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:11 AM

Default RE: Muzzy Rest causing additional torque?

I have Muzzy Zero Effect rests on two of my tech bows. I used the adapter plates from Muzzy. The cables have never been a problem with either bow. They both work great.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:14 AM

Olink:

I can see your concern; but, you' re going to get this on any drop-away that replaces the slide. I compared the Hoyt cable slide to several other drop-away slides and the ' problem' is worse.

The difference when using the MZE is about .100 (1/10" ). In the scheme of things, while not meeting with the design criteria of Hoyt bows, I wouldn' t think it will show much difference. You can check it by doing a critical tolerance check using both slides.

Also, the difference would be more critical when considering the ATA of the bow. The shorter the ATA, the more critical.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:46 PM

Thanks for the words of encouragement Len. When I first read your post I thought there was no way it was only .1 inch of difference. But on the cable closest to the cable guard, that' s all it was. The cable on the arrow side was about double that, so I suppose thats what caught my eye. However, that cable should be less critical of the increased ' bend' since it is the one that is connected to the yoke. I have been extremely pleased with the Muzzy ZE that is on my Maverick and was hoping that there wouldn' t be a problem with one on my Ultratec.