Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help limb bolt stuck

Old 08-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default Help limb bolt stuck

Went to goof around with my tiller on my Ross today and both limbs were maxed out. Ajusting my top limb bolt and it will not budge. I've pushed as hard as I could to loosen it up and it will not move!!! What should I do? Spray something on it and let it soak??? And what do I spray???
Old 08-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Use a cheater bar on the allen wrench. If this doesn't work then take it to a shop where they can relieve the pressure off the limbs using a bow press. Remove the limb bolt and lube both of them with white lithium grease.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:12 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BGfisher
Use a cheater bar on the allen wrench. If this doesn't work then take it to a shop where they can relieve the pressure off the limbs using a bow press. Remove the limb bolt and lube both of them with white lithium grease.

I second this to the letter!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:15 AM
bigcountry

What kinda wrench you using? I use a 1/2 drive ratchet (18" long) with allen socket head. It that doesn't move it, nothing will.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

I got it guys. Just sprayed some stuff on it and let it soak and that seemed to help. Thanks for replys
Old 08-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Spike

I'm not sure how Ross bows are set up, If the limb bolt is threaded into steel, than the white grease works ok. If the limb bolt threads into the riser material, aluminum, than clean both real good and put either nickle based or copper based anti-seize on the threads and you'll never have a problem with the metal galling up. Works great on the Bowtech center pivots.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like the head was stuck to the limb. You might want to change the washers. I put brass ones on.