Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Oneida H250 - Draw Weight Help

Old 08-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default Oneida H250 - Draw Weight Help

I need a quick tech tip. I am trying to adjust the draw weight on my 1988 Oneida H250. Looking over older online manuals, it tells me to loose a specific "Socket head timing screw". Well, I can not find the socket head screw they are talking about and starting to think the guide just does not specifically cover the 1988 H250 model.

Has anyone on here adjusted the draw weight on their H250?

I have close-ups of my bow if it would help, I will post them.

Any help would be appreciated.

- Pick00l
Old 08-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Spike

I thought the 250 was one of the ones that had adj. at the limb bolts? Does it not? If you post pics I can prob. help you. I had a customer that had scads of them. Matter of fact he had so many that he kept sending back to Onieda for tune ups and cable changes under warranty that they GAVE him a limited edition bow. If I am not mistaken he had over 40 Onieda's. If I can't figure it out, I can ask him. He can tell me. He used my shop to work on his stuff and taught me some about them. I will give it a shot if you want. You can post here or send to [email protected] if you wish for me to give it a shot. Be sure to post a shot of the inboard limb where it attaches to the riser and the area where the cable ends attach to either the cam or the riser. (diff. on diff models). Like I said no promises, but we can give it a shot!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks in advance dryridge2. I will take a pic of the limb then get them over to you. Try to target late tonight.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Entire Bow

Top pocket

Bottom Pocket

Top Cam 1

Top Cam 2

Bottom Cam 1

Bottom Cam 2

Hope this makes things clear.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:31 AM
Spike

It should adjust with the limb bolts just like any other bow. I don't know of any cam/timing adjustments that must be made along with the poundage. However, if needed they will be obvious once the wt is changed. In all honesty these are easier to work on and adjust timing,etc... than most 2 cam systems.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-29-2009, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks, the one manual I saw online stated to never adjust poundage unless you loosen a specific screw. I am a bit gun shy now.

Thanks again for the input and advise. Hopefully, this is all that is needed!
Old 08-29-2009, 03:27 PM
Spike

Pick 001, can you cut and paste that section of the manual to me. I tried to download them and with dial up I couldn't get it done.

In the meantime I will try to call my local Onieda guru and see what he says. But the only screw I would know of would be a locking set screw of some sort that I do not see.
I also do not see a socket head screw other than ??? the rusty one in top cam #2 pic. But that is not present in the bottom cam. If I am not mistaken aren't the timing screws in the Flat Piece where the cables meet between the outboard limb and the cam?

I tell you what, try Bowsite.com or Archerytalk.com if you are not comfortable trying it. Maybe someone over there can be more solid with their advice.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

dryridge2 - Your advise could be dead on. Instead of me pushing my comfort zone, I have reached out to a Oneida dealer and they stated that they will get back to me after the owner is back from bear camp. They even offered to send me a free dvd which covers tuning my bow.

I'm going to keep it as is until then and have my dad work with it at the current draw weight. Even if it is a tad heavy now, he should be able to shoot a dozen arrows at a time. Then, I can lower it in a few weeks.

Thanks for being so helpful on this. I'll be keeping my eye out on how I can help you.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:19 AM
Spike

Don't blame you at all buddy. Always better safe than sorry. I am sorry I couldn't be more positive but it has been years and like I said, he just used my shop mostly.

Thanks for the offer to help. Your advice is welcome anytime.