Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHANGE STRINGS?

Old 05-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHANGE STRINGS?

I go about every three years and might be pushing it.Some hunters change their string every year but have to deal with string stretch then and make more adjustments.I' m just curious as to how often you guys change your string?
Old 05-14-2003, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHANGE STRINGS?

about every two years unless something happens like if i accidentialy cut it with a broadhead I change it then.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:11 PM

On my Mathews Ultra 2 the strings last about 9 months. I`m on my third oone already.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would normally change about every two years but I change and get at least one new bow every year. That way I save the cost of strings and cables. Germain, my latest bow ook about 50 shots to settle the string stretch. It stretched about 1/16th inch. The better materials today don' t have the same problems as only a couple years ago.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:53 PM

I change cables & string once per year.....Cheap insurance that I' ll have no problems during hunting season......The tune-up costs me about $75.00 at my pro shop.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

bgfisher, I' m right down the road from you about 4 miles east of Elizabethtown.I' ll bet you make some trips to Kinseys.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

Make my own so change them every year. Talking to the BCY rep and he suggests every year or two at outside. I know some guys who change the string every year and the cable(s) every other year. Whatever you decide to do just make sure you keep the string waxed and if you see any nicks get it replaced. By the way, IMO just because a string is more expensive doesn' t mean it will last longer.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

Like Iroquois, I make my own strings also. I change mine on a whim at any given time. Basically, when I get tired of the colors it is time for a new string!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I ussually change mine after every fall hunting season unless I damage it. Then I change it right away.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:22 AM

I keep mine well waxed and inspect it before each use. I usuallly change mine every two years.

Quick Reply: HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHANGE STRINGS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.