Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Somebody help me!

Old 08-26-2009, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
You're not going to help your problem with new arrows, especially spining stiffer, I don't think. Do the Lipstick test, and see what kind of contact you're having. I think you need to shorten the cable on the rest a TINY bit, but I could be wrong.

Agreed,the problem is somewhere else.The arrows might be the culprit but they (600's) aren't weak,if anything,they are a little stiff.

They (600's)aren't too stiff that they shouldn't fly well.They might not hit EXACTLY with fieldpoints but they will fly true.

Heck,I shot 500's last year with 3 more inches of draw length and 3-5 more pounds of draw weight.Plus,the arrows were 3" longer to go with the draw length.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW archery is so confusing!!

I am gonna try everything and see how it works. I needed new arrows anyway cuz mine are all out of whack. If they dont work....I can sell them....afterall...ITS ONLY MONEY!! haha
Old 08-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by KYDeerHunter03
WOW archery is so confusing!!

I am gonna try everything and see how it works. I needed new arrows anyway cuz mine are all out of whack. If they dont work....I can sell them....afterall...ITS ONLY MONEY!! haha
Vabowmen has some nice arrows for sale that might be perfect on the other forum.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow if it aint one thing after another......!!!

I went to loosen my rest and now the bolt is stripped out! How in the world am I going to get that thing off now?! The metal is so soft on that thing....I only re-adjusted it twice before this attempt....and it wasnt stripping out then

So...now I have another BIG problem on my hands.......I cant catch a break lately....and archery aint the only problem haha
Old 08-27-2009, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

there is a coupla ways to do it! you could take a EZ out, (you can get em at home depotand once its locked in there, unscrew while pulling
or you can take a drill thats about exactly the same size at the screw, and try to push it out the other side.
the stuffs aluminum so its strips pretty easy. i have also hear of guys putting a drop of superglue on the hex wrence and pulling and turning with that

I know the cant catch a break feeling, Seems like it has been a rough year, got laid off and the whole bit, but gotta remember bein happy is a choice, and every day you wake up, is a pretty good reason to be happy! IF it wernt for all this crazy stuff, life would get pretty boring pretty fast
Chin up, and keep at it, you'll figure it out.
Good luck
Old 08-27-2009, 04:25 AM
Fork Horn

Ok for the bolt i would try to file the old edges down till u think u can get a grip or cut some new ones in just to get it out then replace it. If u can get vice grips on it try that. Other then that i would take it to one of the Archery shops local if dont like them i try a bigger name store. Good luck on getting everything fix
Old 08-27-2009, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool One thing at at time.

You are getting a lot of good advice(just might have something to do with your avatar pic, but that is another story). The first issue is the stripped out bolt. Do you mean the hex hole for the allen wrench is stripped out? Is this your rest windage adjustment bolt? If so, personally, I would take the rest off the bow to work on it. If you can degrease the hex hole and an allen wrench, the superglue idea is the quickest thing you could try to get it out. If that doesn't work, you could do the easy out idea. Do you have any other rests you could try on the bow? With your level of frustration right now, I'd be willing to throw a Whisker Biscuit or Hostage on the bow and see if it didn't tune decent. Slightly stiff arrows should not be a problem to tune for broadhead/field point impact. I agree that it sounds like your arrows are inconsistent.

Other than that (which should be resolved first), you had some questions that I did not see answered. Your Cam 1/2 should have a draw stop built into the cam on the bottom. The half cam on the top has a fairly flat spot on the cable take up track. At full draw, the two flats, or draw stops should contact the power cable (from the lower cam to the Y yoke), and the control cable (the 3rd track from the top cam to the bottom cam) at the same time. I would guess that you don't have a draw board, but you could see this if you had a hook or heavy nail in a ceiling rafter, and hook your draw string to that, and pull the bow down, looking at the side of the bow where you can see the cam tracks. It would at least let you know if there is an issue or not. Good luck and hang in there.

Last edited by JOE PA; 08-27-2009 at 04:49 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I appreciate everyone with your advice....its helped tremendously!!

Good news...I got the bolt out....called bass pro and they are going to let me exchange the stupid thing...(thank goodness I keep all receipts)

I did notice something today and dont really know if it could be an issue at all, but figured I could ask. I seen that my limbsaver that a guy slid down the limb to do something, was practically right on top of the cam. There were 2 little ones that are on the cables from when I bought the bow that rubbed together when I drew as well. So I dont know if that could have caused anything...but I threw it in there.

I have a spare whisker I may put on it until then, heck if it works I may just keep it on there

I will keep you all up to date on the progress....i sure hope its good.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ok look i live in ky and no that none of the shops no a thing. But i had the same problem with my x force dream season. I switched to the rage 2 blade and it shot just fine. I could not get not one broadhead to fly straight with my bow but that broadhead. but if u live in louisville go to scott king at kings archery. if u call him or take ur bow in he will help u and he is really good at what he does
Old 08-30-2009, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Killzone, I here ya about none of them knowing a thing about archery. I am thinking about getting a friend who is a great bowtech and opening a shop around this area. I think this experience has drawn my line lol

Anyways, I got my new arrows and OH MY GOSH they shoot amazing! I got my groups back! Now I gotta work on broadheads and see if they fly straight....(isure hope so) season starts saturday!

Thanks again for EVERYONES help! I appreciate it so much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.