Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Somebody help me!

Old 08-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
Post up a pic of the rest. If it's a TT with the knot, you may be able to slip the knot a touch to get the timing right. If you're having contact issues, NOTHING is gonna fly worth a damn, not that you don't already know that, but just saying. If you were a LEFTY, I have a NAP 2100 I could send you that is probably the EASIEST rest to time I've ever toyed with. My TT are all GREAT rests, once you get that rest set up RIGHT, I think you'll be very happy with it, but until you have it actually set-up RIGHT, it's gonna just make you ANGRY!!! Are there any shops NORTH of you in OH that are worth a darn??? I know Michael at Terminal Velocity in Chilicothe, OH is spoken very highly of, not sure how far that is for you. And there's always a road-trip to see Todd, whom I'm sure could get you fixed up.

I'd be pretty sure that it's not something horrible with the bow like a bent riser, you can rest easy on that, but if it was, rumor has it Todd can even fix that sort of a problem.
Not saying I haven't but no way I would do it to a bow under warranty.

Last edited by TFOX; 08-25-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

TFox, I notice the different avatar. When did you get the sex change? You look a whole lot better now. LOL...........
Old 08-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BGfisher
TFox, I notice the different avatar. When did you get the sex change? You look a whole lot better now. LOL...........

Yea,that's my daughter shooting for the first time in almost 2 years.She has some form flaws but she picked it back up pretty quick.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TFOX
I know you wouldn't, it was just added for comic relief!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
I know you wouldn't, it was just added for comic relief!!!
I know,I should have added one of these.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TFOX

Usually for a riser to get bent..... something has happened to the bow that will void the warranty. Only exception is a riser that was bent in the first place... and I have seen a Hoyt Trykon like that.... because lucky me.... I bought it for a girl I used to date and damn near married.

I can't fix something like that... but I got people.....

Had a Mathews Outback get run over by a truck (this happens every year), ayway.... one of the guys who shoots for us owns a machine shop where he makes all kinds of aircraft engine parts for the air force.... he got it straight to within .003".... which is as good as most mid-grade carbon arrows.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had a riser that someone was pressing wrong and the press rope broke.Bent the riser like crazy and it was even a magnesium riser.Hoyt would not warranty it because it wasn't a hoyt dealer that did it and it was pressed wrong.

I was given the chance and got it straight and shooting well.I ended up with the bow after some dealings with the shop owner,who tried to screw me on it.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alrighty, I am ruling out the bent riser and any other bent components of the bow for now, cuz that is my worst scenario.

What should I try first? I have a limbsaver little cushion thing under the rest for noise reduction....could that little bit of height from that thing be making the fletchings hit??? That could be experiement #1 in the clearance part.

Timing of the rest....how would I go about doing that? Does it need to come up towards the beginning of my draw or the end?

Arrows are on their way, bought some 500 spine and should be here by friday (hopefully, cuz I have a shoot on saturday.....)

I know the guy at one of the numerous shops that know nothing did mention that one of my cams was off just a smidgin', how would I fix that? I honestly dont trust those people with my bow....I asked them to re-serve my peep sight and they didnt even take the old serving off before they did....idiots! I could probably run a better shop than them and I am an IDIOT lol

I really really appreciate your help everyone.....THANKS!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

I would make your rest cable just a smidgen longer, and see if that helps, you only got a little room to play with because you have a shorter draw, but tiny increments make differences.
Take off the limbsaver pad and go with a classic piece of sticky backed thick black felt. It will give you the same reduction in sound, and isnt nearly as thick. No need for tons of vibration dampening, I would assume it doesnt have loads of handshock and vibration
Cam timing on hybrids involves some y cable twisting I believe. If I remember correctly, around 1-2 twists on the high side of the cam lean? but I don't deal with them, so I will leave that to someone else!! Good luck!! And good luck at your shoot!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by KYDeerHunter03
Alrighty, I am ruling out the bent riser and any other bent components of the bow for now, cuz that is my worst scenario.

What should I try first? I have a limbsaver little cushion thing under the rest for noise reduction....could that little bit of height from that thing be making the fletchings hit??? That could be experiement #1 in the clearance part.

Timing of the rest....how would I go about doing that? Does it need to come up towards the beginning of my draw or the end?

Arrows are on their way, bought some 500 spine and should be here by friday (hopefully, cuz I have a shoot on saturday.....)

I know the guy at one of the numerous shops that know nothing did mention that one of my cams was off just a smidgin', how would I fix that? I honestly dont trust those people with my bow....I asked them to re-serve my peep sight and they didnt even take the old serving off before they did....idiots! I could probably run a better shop than them and I am an IDIOT lol

I really really appreciate your help everyone.....THANKS!
You're not going to help your problem with new arrows, especially spining stiffer, I don't think. Do the Lipstick test, and see what kind of contact you're having. I think you need to shorten the cable on the rest a TINY bit, but I could be wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.