Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt Cable Noise??

Old 05-11-2003, 04:36 PM

Default Hoyt Cable Noise??

Has anyone had a problem with noise from their the cables on the top axle? When I pull back I can hear a little pop, and when I grab the top yoke cable and give it a little twist on the axle I get the same sound. Anybody have this problem or know what to do about it.
Old 05-11-2003, 04:52 PM

Default RE: Hoyt Cable Noise??

First, you did not state what Hoyt model and year you have. Is it new or used?

Not to be smart, but if it' s a new bow, why not take it back to the Dealer? I see, too many times, posts on this and other forums asking about problems that really should have never left the Dealer.

It' s very hard for anyone to diagnose problems on equipment that they can' t see. I can tell you, as a Hoyt Dealer, that what you' ve described is not common and could be several things. It, in fact, could possibly be coming from another part of the bow and you many think it' s from a certain area. Having another person listen is the best way to determine actual location.

Good luck.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:53 PM

It is a new Hoyt RazorTec. I am taking it in to the dealer tomorrow. I just realised where I thought the noise was coming from so I thought I might ask if anyone had any ideas.

Old 05-12-2003, 08:00 AM
CR

UpNorth

My Razortec did the same thing and all I did was put a drop of bow oil on the bushing that goes over the axel that the end of the yoke cable is around. Problem Gone