Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Patriot Dual Cam,Pic Needed

Old 05-11-2003, 07:58 AM

Default Patriot Dual Cam,Pic Needed

Ide really appreciate it,if someone who own' s a Dual Cam Pat,could post a Pic,of the Cam Position on the Bow.My Cam' s,on my Pat,are placing the Lobe of the Cam,directly below the String.The Bow' s that ive seen,in different post' s,are showing the Long Lobe of the Cam,pretty much Horizonal with the String.In other word' s,my Cam' s are leaned way over the Top.I thought that i would fix the problem,and construct a New String,and Buss Cables,to the Company Spec' s,in hope' s,that this would put me very near the Company Spec' s,BUT after completing the new String And Cable' s,it still is the same as before i started??? Unless the Cable Length on the Bow,is wrong,. Please include the pic,of the bow held Horizonally,so i could get a idea of the Cam Setting' s. Many Thank' s!

My Bow is a 70# with 30 " Draw Cam' s.The Stated String Length is 54 1/4" ,and the Cable Length is stated as 35 3/4" is this correct?
Old 05-11-2003, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Patriot Dual Cam,Pic Needed

I do not know if this will help or not....

Old 05-11-2003, 09:21 AM

Thank' s Frank.My Cam Lobe,is way closer to the string than your' s.Im thinking that they have the Wrong Buss Cable Length listed on mine. My Bow is shooting a Little Erratic,and when you dump the Trigger on the Release,it damm near suck' s the Leaves from the Tree' s.It' s really Loud,and the Cam Modules will not stay tight.Sound' s like a Bear is in the Kitchen,bashing on pot' s and Pan' s.Something is amiss.What is the Listed Cable Length on your Dually Frank? Im thinking about making my Cables a little Shorter,but would like to find the Correct Length,from the Factory.Many Thank' s!
Old 05-11-2003, 12:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

WW,

I wish I could help you further but that pic was from the review that I did of the Pat DC a few months ago. I do not currently have one. Maybe one of the other Pat DC owners has the numbers for you.

Sorry that I could not help more.
Old 05-11-2003, 02:38 PM

Were your cams not marked from the factory? There should be marks, in felt tip pen, on each side of the limb fork area on the cam. This forun won' t let me download a pic because of the image size but I noticed that where the string hooks onto the cam, the first 2 inches of the string is almost parallel to the string.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:00 PM

Yes the Cam was marked in Yellow Marker,from the Factory,but i believe these mark' s to be suspect.The Cam' s appear to be laid over way to much.Frank,Thank' s Much for the Pic.I sat here and was wondering,how i could relate the Picture you provided,to the proper set up for my bow.Untill i had a thought! Hold up your Bow limb,and orientate the limb of my bow exactly,with the picture.Having done this,i needed to add 14 twists to my string.Now it' s a perfect match,and it revealed faint mark' s on the cam,that i did not know was there,untill held at a slant,in the Sunlight.Now this Look' s much better,and the Draw even matches now. Sincere Thank' s!
Old 05-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

HH
The string on my Pat is 54 3/4" and the cable is 36 1/4"

Here are a couple of pics of my cams both top and bottom.

Old 05-12-2003, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

The factory string and cable lengths call for a 54 1/4" string and 35 3/4" cables (unless you have cable adjusters, then the cables would be 35" ea.)

The cams should be timed so the edge of the module screw hole is 1/4" from the edge of the limb.

Hope this helps...
Old 05-12-2003, 08:17 AM

Thank' s to all who Reply' d.BowtechShooter,The Bow Manual would have probally saved me some time and Headaches,but i have not recieved one as of yet.I have contacted Pat at Bowtech,to have him send me one.