Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Super Tec

Old 05-11-2003, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default Super Tec

What do you think of the Super Tec.I got a chance to shoot one yesterday and found it very smooth.I was hoping that the shop would have Cyber Tec but they didn' t.How would you rate tham as a hunting setup?Thanks, Ron
Old 05-11-2003, 08:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Super Tec

Other than the short brace height and the short valley on the bow I think it is a good design....but those are to big characteristics that are hard to overlook unless you do not mind them in the first place. The brace height is not that big of an issue but I found the short valley to be somewhat disconcerting. Removing the draw stop peg altogether made the valley much wider and more manageable but it also added approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of an inch to the draw length.

The standard Cam and a Half is actually smoother with a wider valley and only a few fps slower on the same model (take the UL for example).

Just my two cents.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:45 AM

Frank:

Unless you pull VERY hard against the wall, when using our test equipment, we' ve seen only about 1/8" variation when removing the draw stop.

nmaineron:

Nice bow if YOU can handle it.[]
Old 05-11-2003, 12:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Len,

I remember when we talked about this earlier in the year. I do not have a Super on hand to double check my measurements but I thought I was gaining at least 1/3 of an inch when the draw stop was removed....and the percentage of letoff increased as well. However, with what we discussed regarding Hoyt' s measured draw length on the Sprial Cam I have no doubt that it might vary from unit to unit.
Old 05-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Guys,This bow had the cam/2 and not the spiral cam.The brochure lists it with the spiral only.Anyway,compared to my FX I felt that the transition through the draw was much smoother and once to the wall the feel was a very positive stop.A few weeks ago I pulled on a few of the new Mathews and found them to be very touchy at full draw almost the opposite of the Super Tec.I wish I could shoot them side by each.

The only thing that has me concerned is the brace,but that is because I read too much.If I didn' t know that a short brace was supposed to be hard to tame,I wouldn' t have a problem at all.This makes me want to shoot the Cyber Tec even more.If it is as smooth and a little more forgiving........Ron
Old 05-27-2003, 04:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-28-2003, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

Len,

What kind of speeds are you seeing out of the Super Tecs? Have you shot one at IBO specs?

Thanks

Old 05-28-2003, 05:27 PM

Vic:

It seems that I hardly ever see the advertised speeds of any of the bows that I test. One Merlin that I tested was an exception in that it shot a tad faster than what they advertised.

The best US manufactured bows I' ve seen are usually -5 or better of what is advertised. The Hoyt SuperTec was right in there.

The worst I' ve seen were -25 of the advertised speeds.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:35 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]