Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow Poundage problem!!??

Old 07-31-2009, 09:00 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by WesternMdHardwoods
Well I found the specs to my bow and called him up to have him check it out.....

My ATA Spec is 33 1/4" and it measures at 33 5/16" just a 16th of an inch long..

My BH Spec is 6 3/4" and it was just under he said at almost 6 11/16"...

He did twist the cables and got me to 66lbs??

I think this is going to be about the best it can get too!!??
A bow that old, the limbs could have gotten weaker. I have seen a few of my old PSE's and Brownings loose 3-4lbs (in spec or even over) over an 8 year period. Just don't do what I did once and twist them way over ATA specs to get back up to 70lbs. At that point, disaster is waiting to happen. Well, maybe not disaster, but a busted limb.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
A bow that old, the limbs could have gotten weaker. I have seen a few of my old PSE's and Brownings loose 3-4lbs (in spec or even over) over an 8 year period. Just don't do what I did once and twist them way over ATA specs to get back up to 70lbs. At that point, disaster is waiting to happen. Well, maybe not disaster, but a busted limb.

Yeah Big I think I am done tinkering around trying ot get all I can get out of it! I was hoping to shoot mechanicals this year, but I dont think I wanna chance it without having all that I can get out of my bow?! I will have to send it through the chrono and see where I am at now with speed/KE!

Thanks everybody for the help!!
Old 08-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Spike

Big Country, that is indeed the club off Kempton Rd/Tablerock. I had a tree over there that I took 11 bucks out of in as many straight season openers. Then some guys that hung out at the shop finally found my seceret spot and surrounded me. I got my buck at first light. I was field testing Magnus Stingers for Mike Sohms that year. One of them even came and pulled the arrow out of the dirt, looked at it, the dead deer, looked around and assumed I had to be close, and stuck it back in the dirt and started to leave. I finally hollered at them. They didn't see me in my leafy suit. That was my last trip over there. Lots of new guys in there and they are making it a recreation area.
That, and they cut all the timber. Good cover but only so many spots to hunt now.