Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

d loop movement

Old 07-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default d loop movement

just like it says no matter how tight i pull the knots it still moves i cant get it to stay in the position i need it to help with peep alignment any ideas on how i can keep it still on the serving ?
Old 07-22-2009, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

Is it moving up and down, or is it twisting around your string? If it's moving up and down try tieing each knot on the d-loop with dental floss. If you tie it tight enough you should never have to worry about it moving.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Spike

What DStubb said.

You should serve it above and below w/dental floss if it is riding up and down. You can also put a spot of super-glue on the juncture of the string serving/knot.

I don't want to offend you at all but like DStubb said, if tied correctly that shouldn't happen. Are you certain you are getting it tied right? I have tied hundreds and I still get one wrong now and then, it takes some thought to get it right. I also put a bar of some sort (plier handle) through mine and put my opposing hand on the string splitting the loop between my thumb and forefinger andPUSH/PULL with all my might....and I am a big boy! I have actually broken them but I promise one thing...it's tight.

Lastly, may I ask what type of bow you are shooting? Is it a hyperviolent one?
Old 07-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Typical Buck

sorry guys
forgot to say its twisting everytime i shoot up and down is ok i have pulled it as tight as i can but it still twists
i have a diamond marquis at 70 pounds will try to tighten it more i followed the method in the sticky on here
Old 07-23-2009, 03:47 AM
Fork Horn

Location: From WA, lived in NC, MO, KS, NY, GA, and retired in the "Show Me"

I have been tieing loops for years and never had one slip on me.
Ensure the knots are opposing each other and use alot of tension (I use Viper Pliers) to tighten them.
I do not use black rope either, it stretches more than any other color out there for some reason. Some of the best I have seen is the Paradox Cool Spring release rope Cabelas sells, stuff is super stiff and GREAT quality; seems like it is built to last.

Here is more aggressive way to tie a triple loop if needed, I have never domne this but, I am sure it will work.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

thanks for the response but i dont think the links worked
Old 07-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Spike

I would say it isn't tied correctly or tight enough. I have only had one do this and it wa very big diameter rope.....could that be it??? The lg. diameter does allow stretch.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it was tied correctly, then I think in probably comes down to quality. I always use BCY #24. I have had friends have trouble with "box" store rope. What are you using?
Old 07-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Typical Buck

im useing rope purchased from bass pro not sure of brand as i didnt keep the pack it cam in and believe me i have tigtened it many times as hard as i can and im not a small person
lol
but it still turns after every shot looks like i may need some new rope will look into where to get some good stuff here in england
Old 07-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter
im useing rope purchased from bass pro not sure of brand as i didnt keep the pack it cam in and believe me i have tigtened it many times as hard as i can and im not a small person
lol
but it still turns after every shot looks like i may need some new rope will look into where to get some good stuff here in england
I am confident if you get some bcy, you will be in good shape. I have bought mine in the past from a wonderful lady that sells in the HNI classifieds here, but she has taken a leave for medical reasons. I have bought some from www.bowhuntersuperstore.com since then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.