Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Do I look fat with that bow ?

Old 07-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default Do I look fat with that bow ?

Or, what about my form ?
I was posting threads about shooting longer distances and was wondering if I could improve my form some more, so....
check out the youtube links, one is me and the smaller one's my girlfriend's son who is getting hooked as we speak.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xyzh13GTss[/align]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0xEcfDrgDc[/align][/align]The guy filming didn't see where my arrows went, so he had a hard time zooming in to find them......[/align][/align]F.[/align]
Old 07-06-2009, 03:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do I look fat with that bow ?

Well for one, your shooting off the wrong side of the bow. Just jokin man. I'm no form guru so it looks good to me. When i get vids of mine, some of you all might vomit. My elbow bends in an unnatural way for a normal person. Pretty good shooting if you ask me.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

The 1 issue I see is the release elbow never gets back and in line with the arrow.It is pointed way out toward the camera.

This was one reason I increased the length of my d-loop.It helped me get my elbow back and at the same time,allowed me to keep the ancors on my face with the string the way I like.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

T, I did some experimenting myself with the Dloop length and I found that too long made me stretch my bowarm too much and shortening the draw made me lose my anchorpoint.
I forgot to mention that after my surgery I have a "blind" spot on my cheek where I can't feel enough. I had to change it further upwards and now I have my thumb under my ear.
Tomorrow if the weather permits, I'll be shooting outside to get better footage.

I was hoping to hear from you, you have one of the cleanest shots I ever saw....

thx

Frank