Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Finger shooter rest options

Old 05-06-2003, 07:40 AM

Default Finger shooter rest options

I shoot fingers and use the old springy rest. I was wondering what rest you guys that shoot fingers like the best. I may not ever change since I believe that if it aint broke dont fix it. I saw in the FS arrow catalog a springy with a plunger, any real advantage to this?
Old 05-06-2003, 08:23 AM

Default RE: Finger shooter rest options

I shot fingers for years.
Cavalier makes a couple good finger rests for target but the real simple tuff rest I like is the GK Star Hunter rest.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot fingers too and just bought this Star Hunter rest and I really like it, now I don' t need to put my finger on the arrow as I am drawing back. Its kinda pricey, $29.95 but worth it. Bobby
Old 05-06-2003, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I' ve used both kinds, the hard mount springie and the plunger springie. I LIKE the plunger model and it' s got a real advantage. Instead of matching the spring stiffness to your arrows and release, you can use a stiff spring and adjust the plunger tension instead. And you can match the tension exactly instead of trying to find the best match between 3 or 4 different weight springs and winding up either a shade too stiff or too limber.

I also like the Star Hunter and one of my older bows is still wearing the one I put on it 15 years ago. My current rest is a Cavalier flipper, but I' ve got a few Golden Key flippers too. The only reason I' m using the Cavalier is it' s micro adjust for windage and none of the GKFs I' ve got are.

Take a look at Golden Key' s website. They' ve got a boatload of fingers rests.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:40 PM

Thank you for your help, it seems like us finger shooters are kind of a rare breed.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rare, for sure, but there are still some folks like us that go for the finer things in life.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:30 AM
tm
Fork Horn

There' s still a fair selction of rests that work well with fingers. The Superstar type can be used with a plunger mounted behind the inside fin and makes a great rest. Nice thing about this type it can also be shot with a release.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:29 PM

A friend of mine has shot fingers for years. He recently got a Trophy Taker dropaway and shoots 2 fingers under the arrow. He said he has never shot better in his life. He really loves it. It might be worth trying. Brian
Old 05-07-2003, 06:46 PM

I,ve tried a few different finger rests in the last yr. (GKF Huntmaster 2000, Pro Button ,Flipmaster, and the Ultra Trac). Bodoodle Timberdoodle. NAP centerflipper rest. And the Cavalier FreeFlyte.
My favorite by far is the cavalier Freeflyte with a plunger. After learning the Tuning fo Tens method I will probablly always use a plunger. If I used the side plates I would go with the freeflyte micro.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:14 AM

I like the Golden Key products myself. I just recently found a shop that had the old plunger type NAP Flipper rests and have them on now, but the arrow tends to fall off alot, so I will probally switch back.

I will always shoot fingers! I have tried a release several times and just don' t like it!

Quick Reply: Finger shooter rest options

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.