Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

worn string = lost accuracy???????????

Old 06-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default worn string = lost accuracy???????????

I have a 5 year old parker terminator 150lb that i have had for 3 years. It has always been a great shooter until recently. Ive noticed the string and serving looks rough. do you all think that could be my problem? thanks
Old 06-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: worn string = lost accuracy???????????

150#? Is that a crossbow or what? And the answer about the strings? Absolutely the strings would be an issue.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

150#? Is that a crossbow or what? And the answer about the strings? Absolutely the strings would be an issue.

Ok I understand the part of your reply about the strings being an issue I figured that I just wanted an opinion from someone with more archery experience than me. What is the rest of that supposed to mean? Are you trying to be a smart ass or did i not type the question correctly? Just curious.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

He was asking a legitimate question... They don't make 150# bow! That's why he asked you if it was a cross bow. BTW, I have over 40 years experience!
Old 06-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Im sure everybody knows that I meant a 150lb draw weight. A joke is a joke and that is cool, but I dont like a smart remarks. Im sure it was meant as a joke that is why I ask BGfisher. I also asked a legitimate question. BTW that is why I joined this site I want answers to questions from somebody who has been doing this this hunting/archery stuff for 40 years not some newbie like me.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

NO, I'm not trying to be a smart ass as you say. Take a look at Rev. He's got 40 years of experience. I have personally been shooting compound bows both competitively and for hunting over 35 years and I've never seen a bow with 150# draw weight or had the pleasure of meeting somebody who could draw one.

I've been around archery long enough to know that the only bows mass produced that draw 150# are crossbows; thus my question in reference to crossbows. Sorry if you interpretted it otherwise.

Now that we have that out of the way, I just got into your other thread asking about broadheads. Slick Tricks to be specific. You ask how they work in a crossbow. So it is a crossbow. And I mean no offense or am being judgemental in any way.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

No one was trying to be a smartass. There is a separate Crossbow forum so when people ask question here we assume it for a compound bow not a crossbow. When you said 150# we know you meant draw weight but that doesn't fit with a normal bow. The question was asked so that they could determine if you had a typo in your draw weight and meant 50# or it was actually 150# in that event it would have to be an xbow.

Take a deep breathe and relax.

Yes a worn string can cause all sorts of issues including loose of accuracy.