Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help with paper tuning my bow with a QAD Ultra Rest Hunter

Old 06-28-2009, 06:47 PM

Default RE: Help with paper tuning my bow with a QAD Ultra Rest Hunter

I got the clearance issue fixed. So that is good but I still can't get it to make a bullet hole through through paper. However I have great groups out to 40 yds with fp's but not very consistant groups at 30 with bh's. I am a perfectionist so I will be visiting the local archery shop, not the boys at BPS for some fine tuning. It was worth a try but it seems as though this one may be over my head. I can't wait to get the result as to what is causing this tear low!!.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help with paper tuning my bow with a QAD Ultra Rest Hunter

ORIGINAL: mauser06

centaur, i shoot a qad hd and blazers and so do tons of others on here....no contact at all...though if you pass a shaft through by hand it makes you wonder how....but ive tested...no contact...
It's so close that it could just be with certain bows that the flethings will contact. You absolutely couldn't tell that mine made contact until we chrono'd the arrows. Blazers with the cock vane up lost 15 fps, but if I rotated the nock just a tiny bit the speed came right back up. The arrows flew great, never would have known that anything was wrong without the chrono.