Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

? ABOUT EXTREME VFT

Old 05-03-2003, 07:29 PM

Default ? ABOUT EXTREME VFT

I just received my new bowtech and when I pull back the bow the draw stop is hitting a little hard.It is making more noise than I like. I just wanted to know is this is an adjustment problem or maybe a draw length problem. This is my first bowtech(previously shooting mathews) any info will be much appreciated.
Old 05-03-2003, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ? ABOUT EXTREME VFT

Arrow Chuker,
Is there a rubber O-ring in the groove of the draw stop peg? If not there should be.
With the factory o-ring there should be very little noise coming from this contact. Problem is that it is easy to knock this ring off with your leg if you rest the cam on your thigh before you shoot.
The best solution I' ve seen to that problem is a replacement o-ring followed up with a layer of thin heat shrink wrap to keep it from possibly getting knocked off again.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another remedy would be to put some mole skin on the limb where the stop peg is hitting thats what I ended up doing on my 02 Pat because the rubber " o" ring kept coming off.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:41 PM

Thanks the rubber o-ring is gone I probally will try both options.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:51 PM

My wife had a problem loosing hers until one day a handed her my bow while I pulled arrows. When she gave my bow back and I took the next shot, the O ring was gone[:@] She had rested the bottom cam on her leg and rubbed it off which is where she must have lost her' s.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:31 AM

After a very short time of having my patriot I noticed that my O-ring was gone also. All that I had to put on it was a broadhead O-ring ( I believe it was off a thunderhead). That has been about a year ago now, and it is still there and works great. Maybe an option that you might want to look at.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:15 PM

yes watch the o-ring or better yet get rid of it & put some mole hair on the limb where it hits. mine has fallen off several times, had to fix it so it didn' t do it anymore! who wants to worry while hunting!