Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

twisting strings and cables?

Old 05-16-2009, 08:06 AM
Spike

Default twisting strings and cables?

I noticed that my timing mark was off a little on my bowtech extreme vft. I pressed the bow and twisted the buss cable a few twists and it moved the timing mark closer to where it needed to be but before I continue to twist the cable anymore to bring it into specthought I might ask yall a question. Do I need to twist the string also or as long as the cable is puttingthe cam back in specis just twisting the cable ok?The strings a winners choice and I really dont think its changed hardly at all because it looks brand new still but the cable is a bowtech factory cable and even though it still looks newtoo,alot of the serving has slipped where itrides in the cam.Just bought a press and tryin to learn more ontweakinand maintenance of my own equipment for optimum preformance.any help will be appreciated.Thanks
Old 05-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: twisting strings and cables?

Check your specs- brace height, A2A, etc-

Generally with singles and a good quality string/cable (like WC or BT branded) you are more likely to need to just put a twist or three in a buss cable over time (after initial break in)

However,despite the looks, if they are old with alot of shots and the specs are not all that close, they are likely stretching out due to fatigue and this is a sign they are getting ready to fail. I would change them.