Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ACC 3-49 insert problems?

Old 04-28-2003, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default ACC 3-49 insert problems?

I encountered something when I went to accs that I neve experienced before. Prior to accs, I shot goldtips with their inserts, and did not have this problem.

The problem was the depth of the threads. When I attempted to screw in my steelforce broadheads, they wouldn' t seat fully, leaving quite a gap when they hit bottom in the insert. Conversely, the rockets I ended up using screwed down readily, but it seemed like there was plenty of thread depth left, but they themselves ran out of threads.

This year I think I wanna try the magnus 4 blade stinger, but I' m now leary having the same problem.

Anyone have an idea what' s up and how to correct it?
Old 04-28-2003, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ACC 3-49 insert problems?

I know you shouldn' t have to do this but go get an 8-32 tap and run it down in the insert and it should solve the prblem.Try not to let shavings fall into the shaft.I would just hold the arrow upside down while tapping it and lightly tap the arrow on the ground when done.

There could be 2 different reasons for the problem.1 is they didn' t get tapped deep enough from the factory.The 2nd is that glue could have gotten rolled over into the insert when gluing them in.

Either way tapping the insert should fix the problem.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks. I' ll give that a go if new broadheads are in my future... Is there any concern about tapping clean through the back of the insert?
Old 04-28-2003, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not any problem that I could see.