Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

trophy taker problems

Old 04-27-2003, 05:14 PM

Default trophy taker problems

trying to install on new 2003 pat sc . i can' t get my vanes to clear looks like plenty of room but they still hit the tang or they hit the power cable depending how you turn them.
Old 04-27-2003, 07:48 PM

Default RE: trophy taker problems

need more info about your set up to help
Old 04-27-2003, 09:33 PM

Try moving your nock higher until you get clearance or try to get more support duration before the launcher drops.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:11 PM

There are a few tricks to set up that rest with the SC Pat. Non are that great IMO. It seem the bow wants to kick the nock down on release, so you need more support from the rest. The rest needs raise at the last 3 to 4 inches of draw. This will stabilize the arrow and allow time for the rest to drop.

You cant tie to the cord to the down cable, because it will not allow the rest to come up soon enough -(to much pressure on the cable-cam). Unless you add a spring to the cord. The spring will provide enough pressure to lift the rest and not kill the harness. This is how I have mine set up - and it works well.

Bowtech suggests attaching to the cable slide. You will find that to get the rest up soon enough you will add quite a bit of pressure to the slide. Kind of turns it into a legacy. I got close to eliminating, fletching contact this way - but could not get it 100% free. I feel setting it up this way will ruin a harness rather quickly.

I tried for days to get it to work according to both TT and bowtech - my spring idea is the only way it worked for me.

Another problem with the Patriot is the cable slide - bad design IMO. there is almost NO fletching clearance. Buy the sims teflon slide. It pulls the strings much closer to the rod - and will allow you some room to index nocks.

If you get it to work let us know.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:44 PM

i gave up on the trophy taker to much trouble. i put a nap 2000 on still have flech contact. but raised my nock point a 1/4 of a inch from being 90 degrees with string ? when i go to tune will this cause a problem by not being 90 degrees to the string ? this is what nap says in the booklet.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:26 AM

3/8 of an inch is still not bad for a single cam and probably closer to what most end up with.
Old 04-29-2003, 01:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

i put a nap 2000 on still have flech contact. but raised my nock point a 1/4 of a inch from being 90 degrees with string ? when i go to tune will this cause a problem by not being 90 degrees to the string ? this is what nap says in the booklet.
I am using the QT 2000 on my Parker UL35 and my string loop is set about 1/4" high and I am getting great arrow flight. When I first put the rest on the bow I couldn' t get it to tune either then someone told me to start moving the loop higher and holy crap it it worked. Looks wierd but it shoots great!
Old 04-29-2003, 05:55 AM

I hear you selway,

Couldn' t get the nap 100% clearance free also[:@]. Those are some BIG forks on that rest.

Old 04-29-2003, 05:29 PM

thanks for the advice. second pat i owned . the last years model is just fine. had two buy a left hand this year. bad right shoulder has not bother me since i started shooting left. don' t want to screw it up again. may have not been from shooting but who knows.i' m going to tune it up this way. 1 ? i have this bow is noiser than last years model it still has the hush kit on it. my last years model has sims mushrooms and cat whiskers and its dead quite has anyone changed to sims from the hush kit and notice any differants thanks