Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drop away for Legacy?

Old 04-26-2003, 12:30 PM
VBM

Default Drop away for Legacy?

Can anyone tell me what the choices are for drop away rests for a Mathews Legacy and which one is considered to be the best? At present I' m using a Nap QT 1000 that I converted to a drop away. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.
Old 04-26-2003, 07:38 PM

Default RE: Drop away for Legacy?

I had a Trap Door on mine. Worked great.
Old 04-27-2003, 06:25 AM

NAP is coming out with a new one in June , just for the roller guard Mathews .
Old 04-27-2003, 06:55 AM

I had the Trophy Taker on mine last year and its by far one of the best choices I ever made. I have it on all my indoor and 3d bows as well tough and simple and very accurate.
Old 04-27-2003, 12:53 PM

I have been shooting a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone on my Legacy for several weeks now and this is THE best fallaway rest I have used to date. I have tried the GKF Mirage and the Hunter Elite but the TR is better in every respest. I can' t wait to see what all the boys at TR have up their sleeves for the future.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trophy Taker should work well for you , its a quality rest . The trophy ridge rest looks interesting but its twice as much , and someone on this board had a problem with one .
Old 04-27-2003, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

I recently had my Legacy set up with the Mathews Micro Rest. I' m not currently using it as a fall away but it has that capability. I may convert it later this summer but haven' t had any problems shooting it as is.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:38 PM

I would use Trophy Taker. I used this rest on my Legacy last year and it work like a charm. It never failed. I shot it about 1000 times. On the shooting range and in the woods. Actully this rest worked better on Legacy then Hoyt' s UtlraTec.
VodekZ.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:55 AM

VBM- I' ve used the trap door,mirage, and the new drop zone rests on my Legacy. I have also used many of the popular prong style rests as well. After all my experimenting the drop away rests are the best in my opinion. I feel accuracy is much better when there' s no contact with the rest. Of the drop aways I' ve tried it' s between the mirage and drop zone. I feel like the drop zone is quieter and easier to set up so it' s my first pick. So far it' s been very dependable and works great. There has been some quality issues about the string coming loose on these chat rooms so I' m a little concerned about that, but so far it' s been perfect. FYI, the mirage had to be sent back to GK for problems once and then right before hunting season the aluminum bar that holds the rest broke and they had to send me another. I' m told that bar is now steel but it just goes to show that any rest can have problems. The prong styles are definately more bullet proof but I think the drop zone will be dependable.....
Good luck