Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Repainting bow Rizer

Old 04-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Repainting bow Rizer

i want to Paint the RIser on my compound black or amIDNIGHT blue and leave the limbs camo....

no reason to do this other than just to do it....im gonna be replacing my stringonmy bow very soon i might as well have some fun while shes all apart and give her a paintjob

should i sand the camodipped riserdown to bare metal or just prep it with light sand paper, clean, and paint over the top????
Old 04-05-2009, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Repainting bow Rizer

Ive seen a few guys just scuff up the the original paint and paint over top of it. It seemed like it turned out pretty well. One of the guys used a pretty transparant paint, and the finish underneath showed through the new paint but it looked amazing!

Derek