Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Lets talk hunting stabilizers

Old 04-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lets talk hunting stabilizers

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

For me the worst investment I ever made in archery is probably the 6" overdraw, fuzzy finger arrow holder, and the meanv suppressor. Thats just me. I know a lot of people raves about them. They do take out a little string buzz. But they do rob you arrow of some velocity and really worthless.

Buy a good stabilzer.
What else wouldI expect? BC running my product down! Imagine thatThere's always one out of a thousand[8D]

BC there are 1,000's that would argue with you. I don't have to defend my product it stands on it's own merits.

You really are a Class act!

Wish we were closer I'd Love to meet.[8D]

Dan
Old 04-02-2009, 11:50 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

For me the worst investment I ever made in archery is probably the 6" overdraw, fuzzy finger arrow holder, and the meanv suppressor. Thats just me. I know a lot of people raves about them. They do take out a little string buzz. But they do rob you arrow of some velocity and really worthless.

Buy a good stabilzer.
What else wouldI expect? BC running my product down! Imagine thatThere's always one out of a thousand[8D]

BC there are 1,000's that would argue with you. I don't have to defend my product it stands on it's own merits.

You really are a Class act!

Wish we were closer I'd Love to meet.[8D]

Dan
I am just reporting my results. I am in your area sometimes. I wouldn't mind to stop by. Its just physics Dan. Can't argue with it. Well, at least you can't.[8D]

This is nothing new. I PM'd you twice about it, and got the old, "never heard of anything". Since then, I found several that has.

Dan, thought you was using the ITI button. No peeking.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sure all the R&D departments at the Bow manufacturers don't mind slowing their bows downbecause most of them now come out with OEM String suppressors.

All the testing I've done I've never seen a bow lose speed from adding a string suppressor, and over 99% have seen the same results. I know anything is possible, but the feedback I get from selling thousands of MeanV's and STS's report maybe a hand full of bad reviews.

I'm sure the majority does Not have a clue what they are talking about though[8D]

Dan
Old 04-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 98Redline

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr
When I graduate to a bow I can put a MEANV String Suppressor on, you'll be one of the first to know!!!!
Until you do, take a look at the Fuse Sealthshot. I put one on my MEANV challenged Hoyt (no back stab hole) an have been very impressed. I like it much better than the STS front mount I had.
Due to demand I am coming out with model of the MeanV to retrofit the stock suppressor on the Hoyts, and also a model to replace the the hollowCarbon rod suppressor on the BowTechs. They should available soon.

Dan
Let me know when you get some test models done for the hoyts and ill come pick one up to try out from ya!!! My protec could use a little taming down.

Derek
Old 04-02-2009, 12:08 PM
bigcountry

I'm sure all the R&D departments at the Bow manufacturers don't mind slowing their bows downbecause most of them now come out with OEM String suppressors.

All the testing I've done I've never seen a bow lose speed from adding a string suppressor, and over 99% have seen the same results. I know anything is possible, but the feedback I get from selling thousands of MeanV's and STS's report maybe a hand full of bad reviews.

I'm sure the majority does Not have a clue what they are talking about though[8D]

Dan
Some of the suppressors like bowtech is pretty smart.

Dan, most do what people want. Your suppressor no different. They stop that string buzz. Most people don't own a chronograph. I bet over 80% of your customers do not. So they are happy, they got rid of the string buzz, and you are happy.

You shouldn't be all glum, your making money off these folks and they are happy. Cheer up, ain't you supposed to be turkey hunting now?

Old 04-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: drockw

ORIGINAL: 98Redline

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr
When I graduate to a bow I can put a MEANV String Suppressor on, you'll be one of the first to know!!!!
Until you do, take a look at the Fuse Sealthshot. I put one on my MEANV challenged Hoyt (no back stab hole) an have been very impressed. I like it much better than the STS front mount I had.
Due to demand I am coming out with model of the MeanV to retrofit the stock suppressor on the Hoyts, and also a model to replace the the hollowCarbon rod suppressor on the BowTechs. They should available soon.

Dan
Let me know when you get some test models done for the hoyts and ill come pick one up to try out from ya!!! My protec could use a little taming down.

Derek
Derek, Does your Protech have the 5/16" rear rod?

What color? The finish is all I like getting some ready to go. I'm getting Carbon fiber finish as well as some APG. I can add other colors as needed. I have fitted a couple of Hoyts for guys and feedback has been good. Several have contacted me unhappy with the Stealth shot compared to the MeanV they had on a previous bow.

You have to make what the customers want, hence the New models about to be introduced.

Dan
Old 04-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

who notices 10 fps when the arrows already going 300????
somepeople are obsessed with their rigs speed for no reason most of the time. Making your bow feel/shoot good is far more important than any amount of speed

i dont know one person that canconsistantly notice 5-10 fps difference in speed.... someone might say the bow feels faster but thats a 50-50 shot....sometimes whats percieved isnt the reality.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

As for string suppressor devices check out this link to a thread started by me, so far overwhelmingly in favor of. Not discounting any responses here, just more included:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=892255
Old 04-02-2009, 05:38 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

As for string suppressor devices check out this link to a thread started by me, so far overwhelmingly in favor of. Not discounting any responses here, just more included:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=892255
Sounds like you need to buy some.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I placed an STS string suppressor on my Xtec,I saw a 3 fps increase in speed and I did nothing but place it on the bow as it should be.I don't mess around wiith a bow to gain 3-4 fps,it just happened.

Never had or used a meanv.

Quick Reply: Lets talk hunting stabilizers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.