Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which spine arrow?

Old 03-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Which spine arrow?

Thanks Dan.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which spine arrow?

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: luke/r

Thank You very much! I will look into a longer arrow I guess I don't know why I was looking at shortening my arrow.
Luke it seems like pretty much EVERYONE wants to shoot a SHORT arrow when in essence with Carbons, you can still have a relatively light to medium weight arrow leaving a little length on it. Part of the reason Crossbows just aren't ever going to be as accurate as compounds is because they use such a short stiff shaft that doesn't fly nearly as well as a longer softer spined arrow will.
The Problem with Bolts is mainly lack of FOC not so much the length, and there is a lot of difference in a Crossbow bolt and a 27" arrow.

Doubt it? shoot some of the High FOC bolts then tell me they won't fly or group well

Dan